Bad Guy Outbackreptiles.com - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #61
BucksReptiles
really?? you, would be surprised...

Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #62
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Interesting, Sound almost exactly like what happened in this situation as well ?
You know I was thinking the exact same thing.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #63
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksReptiles View Post
Kelly, it is tough for many breeders who produce leopard geckos to admit all of the defects they produce from leopards with all the varieties of morphs. There are many people like you, and myself who feel bad for these animals. This is actually the reason I stopped breeding leopards. They are produced at such a high volume for profit, and now only worth about $10-$20 for any morph under the sun. Outback Reptiles has a Volunteer who is a non-profit 501-C3 who does her best to provide geckos like the ones you saw posted, to be placed in caring, loving homes. The geckos you see, were mistakenly packaged as they were being prepared to be sent to the White Plains Show in NY, as free geckos.
You are wrong about all leopard geckos being worth $10-$20 first of all. That is just an out and out untruth. Secondly, there is a BIG difference between a "defect" as you mentioned above, and just out and out starvation, neglect, lack of proper supplements and yeah I'll say it - cruelty. Those geckos pictured had defects that were caused by the people that were (not) caring for them and have nothing to do with any congenital defects or deformities. There is no similarity between the two, is there.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #64
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksReptiles View Post
Dandy, Kelly, and for all.... Josh has taken care of the issue with Debbie. There is no need to keep carrying on.

The geckos Josh shipped out were actually picked up the night before he shipped them out.
Kelly, it is tough for many breeders who produce leopard geckos to admit all of the defects they produce from leopards with all the varieties of morphs. There are many people like you, and myself who feel bad for these animals. This is actually the reason I stopped breeding leopards. They are produced at such a high volume for profit, and now only worth about $10-$20 for any morph under the sun. Outback Reptiles has a Volunteer who is a non-profit 501-C3 who does her best to provide geckos like the ones you saw posted, to be placed in caring, loving homes. The geckos you see, were mistakenly packaged as they were being prepared to be sent to the White Plains Show in NY, as free geckos.

Debbie, who is the actual purchaser/owner of the geckos was immediately contacted and being taken care of. There is no need for rambling, so save your fingers from carpal tunnel and arthritis. Enjoy your week.

So no quaruntine of any sort? just pick them up and ship them out?? customer being taken care of or not this crap shouldnt have happeneded to begin with. josh has alot of history doing this same bs. i see outback as nothing more than J&J reptiles all over again.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #65
KelliH
And Ryan, you really should let all of us here know who it is that is allowing their animals to go without food and water, without calcium supplements, without basic husbandry requirements. If you knew of a "breeder" that was allowing their dogs or cats to wither away to skin and bones by not giving the animals food and water would you not be outraged? Would you think this practice is perfectly fine as long as the dog or cat "breeder" dumps off the starving dogs and cats on someone else? As I type this I have to tell you that I have faith in you that you do not think this is ok. Just because (in your mind) these animals are only worth $10 or $20 does not mean it is ok to abuse them in this manner, does it? You must know that is wrong and that whoever is abusing these animals needs to be accountable for the abuse, and we as a community need to know which "big breeder" it is.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #66
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
You are wrong about all leopard geckos being worth $10-$20 first of all. That is just an out and out untruth. Secondly, there is a BIG difference between a "defect" as you mentioned above, and just out and out starvation, neglect, lack of proper supplements and yeah I'll say it - cruelty. Those geckos pictured had defects that were caused by the people that were (not) caring for them and have nothing to do with any congenital defects or deformities. There is no similarity between the two, is there.

Amen! Thank you for that Kelli. Outback can continue to make excuses for themselves and the breeder they deal with that will not correct the issue. Abuse is Abuse, I did not see any defects in the pictures posted.

The Breeder felt bad so he wouldn't freeze the animals he decided were not worth caring for? Total Crap

Old 12-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #67
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
And Ryan, you really should let all of us here know who it is that is allowing their animals to go without food and water, without calcium supplements, without basic husbandry requirements. If you knew of a "breeder" that was allowing their dogs or cats to wither away to skin and bones by not giving the animals food and water would you not be outraged? Would you think this practice is perfectly fine as long as the dog or cat "breeder" dumps off the starving dogs and cats on someone else? As I type this I have to tell you that I have faith in you that you do not think this is ok. Just because (in your mind) these animals are only worth $10 or $20 does not mean it is ok to abuse them in this manner, does it? You must know that is wrong and that whoever is abusing these animals needs to be accountable for the abuse, and we as a community need to know which "big breeder" it is.
I would also like to know who the breeder is. It is really disgusting when any animal gets the "is only a insert animal here" Putting a lesser value on anything to justify sick behavior is appalling.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #68
Tony C
There is absolutely no excuse for sending those geckos out, nobody in their right mind is going to mistake them for healthy animals when they are packing an order. Either you guys REALLY don't know what you're doing, and have no business dealing in live animals, or you tried to pull a fast one and got caught. The more you try to sweep it under the rug and sidestep it by claiming that the OP was not involved in the deal the worse you look. You sent her the geckos, so she is most definitely involved, and trying to bully a teenage girl into staying quiet about this is not the way to save your reputation.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #69
Rapture
It sure seems like Josh is either dishonest or very unobservant and ignorant, or just plain blind to send out geckos like that, no matter why Outback had them in that condition, and that Outback is accepting freebies along with their trades so they can "rehab" the "salvageable" geckos and sell them, and give away the ones that are too far gone by even their standards.

This is what happens when you buy from so many flippers... rotating inventory ASAP to make quick money, can't even take a minute to look at the animals that are being packed in a box, possibly can't even recognize when an animal has a serious, long term health problem.

As for the buyer, I truly hope they have learned their lesson and will pay the extra buck for high quality animals direct from the breeder, to found their breeding stock!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #70
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@Outbackreps View Post
This thread was posted by someone who has no involvement with the deal between us and the buyer. I sold the gecko's to Debbie, not her niece.

We took a large group of leo's in on trade and some of them were not in the best condition. Our leopard gecko guy is putting weight on them with xtra calcium to get them back on track before we sold them. When I was packing her order I packed up a group of babies by mistake that were the ones we were holding back to work with to get them back on track. I was a mistake on my part and I take full responsibility for the mix up with the wrong babies getting sent. I got an email from Debbie that one didn't look to good and told her that I would credit her ( thats where the $15 came from).
Aas for the Niece, she had no involvement in the deal so when she emailed that there is a problem I had no idea who she was and figured she had the wrong company. When I saw this thread and saw the comment about $15 credit I put two and two together and called Debbie to get everything situated.

Hope this clears everything up.
piss poor excuse

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
mike schultz, outback reptiles