REPTICON Pensacola? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #31
Little Lava
I attended the Repticon show in Tallahassee last year. It was my first show. I realize it was smaller than other shows, but I enjoyed the day. The staff was very friendly and quite helpful. I will be attending the Pensacola show this year and also the one in Tallahassee again. Both are close enough to drive for the day.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #32
MDC_Ophiuchus
Cool. Maybe we'll bump into each other while we're there.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #33
Repticon
I’ve been out of town for a few days, as we just had a show this past weekend in Ft. Myers. After reading through the most recent posts, I’m hesitant to ad much, as I hate perpetuating threads like this. With that being said, here a few additional thoughts from my perspective.

First, to Scott, I do not remember you, but I do apologize for your negative experience at our show. Tallahassee has proven to be our most challenging show over the years, and this show was no exception. For our 2007 show, we unfortunately had to contend with last-minute cancellations by a few of our regular vendors within two weeks our show, and, as you mentioned, the early departure of vendors during the show. This put us in the position of trying to scramble to fill tables quickly, and of course impacted the quality of the show that we were able to present to the public.

I also apologize if I failed to return your calls in a timely fashion. As many of you are aware, in addition to promoting shows, I also teach full-time, which sometimes makes it difficult for me to return calls at a reasonable hour. Most vendors who communicate with me regularly use e-mail, as I am able to return e-mail late in the evening or early in the morning without intruding. After becoming frustrated last Fall with my own inability to return calls as quickly as I’d like to be able to, we made some changes to our business. We brought my wife Patty on as a full-time vendor coordinator, so that calls can be returned in a more reasonable time-frame, and I think we’ve made great strides in our call-back time as a result.

That being said, I can certainly believe that I failed to return your call in a timely manner, and for that I apologize. We are in the business of providing reptile vendors with venue in which to offer their animals to the public, and failing to return the call of a potential vendor quickly was unprofessional on my part. The fact that we have subsequently worked to fix that problem does not remove the fact that in this case, I was at fault, and I am sorry.

Beyond that, I have very little to offer regarding last year’s Tallahassee show, and I will not devote a great deal of my time or energy to a “he said, she said” almost a year after the fact. We work very hard on our shows, but not every show comes off the way that we would like. That’s the reality of business, and it just serves to strengthen our resolve to tackle it even harder the next time around. It sounds like you have chosen to stay away from our shows in the future, and that’s probably a good resolution for both of us.

To everyone else who has posted with different perspectives on our shows, thank you very much for offering your thoughts. It is very easy for discussions such as these to dwell only on the negative, and I truly appreciate everyone taking the time to share their views on our shows. So again, THANK YOU.

Billy Healy
www.Repticon.com

Old 06-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #34
Sweeney's Serpents
Hey Billy,

What is done is done. You never did return my calls and "south cat" if I got that right was very helpful. The things was I stated that accured during the show happened and my family and friends where there to witness. I honestly hope your Pensacola show does well. There has not been one there and with the right promotion and alot of quality vendors it will be a big hit over there. I feel it is important that shows promote reptiles in a positive light not only for all the genetic freaks some of us produce but to also raise awareness on native species that are always in harms way. That also having shows larger than the neighborhood petshop would be a good thing. I was was spitting nails when I left that show but I did stay till the end unlike a few other vendors that just gave up. I have said what I needed to say on this matter.

Again, best of luck in Pensacola..................

Scott Sweeney

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!