Heather Stotz- Sandstone Corns - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #11
LauraB
Heather's Terms and Shipping: http://www.sandstonecorns.com/id21.htm
"SandStone Corns guarantees live, 100% healthy, and properly sexed animals. We ship Federal Express Priority Overnight (10:30 am delivery) directly to your door."

Further down her Terms page: "I do not cut any corners on any aspect of the shipping."

Even more from the same page:
"WE ARE NOW SHIPPING VIA PRIORITY OVERNIGHT DELIVERY - SHIPPING COST IS A FLAT RATE FEE OF $50.00 ... We DO NOT cut corners when it comes to shipping."

Finally, this (interesting, especially when she wants to blame an authorized FedEx shipper, Zip & Ship, of opening her package, then refusing to ship.)
"The guarantee of live delivery will be born exclusively by SANDSTONE CORNS. The carrier chosen to deliver the package is not going to be responsible and the customer is asked to PLEASE do not contact them about any problems. Any problems you experience are to be directed to us and us alone."

I realize the above is more intended for DOA's or as relates to her live arrival guarantee, but ironic that she specifically asks customers NOT to contact a carrier re: problems. Seems to me that an authorized FedEx agent opening a package properly marked "live harmless reptile" in and of itself is a reportable problem.
It also seems odd, that in Heather's small town, where there is one Zip & Ship and one USPS, that the lady that owns Zip & Ship would even WANT to open a package if Heather regularly ships FedEx thru her store. Surely she already knows Heather ships "live harmless reptiles" and is familiar with Heather's account. Why open a package then when the agent should have seen others shipped prior and never opened them. Makes no sense.

And as already pointed out, Heather's mom "mistakenly" took the packages to the USPS marked "live harmless reptiles" and the packages were accepted? Bunk.

~ Laura Bolt

Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #12
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
It also seems odd, that in Heather's small town, where there is one Zip & Ship and one USPS, that the lady that owns Zip & Ship would even WANT to open a package if Heather regularly ships FedEx thru her store. Surely she already knows Heather ships "live harmless reptiles" and is familiar with Heather's account. Why open a package then when the agent should have seen others shipped prior and never opened them. Makes no sense.~ Laura Bolt
Sounds like she DOESN'T have an approved live reptile shipping account with Fed Ex. If she did and they opened the box, there should have been a call right from the Zip & Ship to the rep complaining.

Looks like she doesn't have an account (otherwise she would print the labels from her computer and have Fed Ex pickup the packages) and got caught trying to ship a snake without approval.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #13
ByRandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas E
That wasn't written on the box. Should have been. The box does say 'Perishable, handle with care'..
So she had a box that said "Live Harmless Reptiles" on it which inspired an inquisition as to the contents of the package...

However whenever she .. (or her mother)... shipped through USPS, it was in a standard "Perishable - Handle With Care" box?

So she either switched boxes to intentionally to ship it through USPS.. or she never had a "Live Harmless Reptiles" box... with all that it implies.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
BezilsGirl
I switched boxed because the kid that tore open the box basically destroyed it. I had another (simliar) box but didn't have time to write the reptile bit on it because I was in a rush.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #15
Thomas E
I don't know where the "live harmless reptiles" part comes in. Her box didn't say that at any point as far as I know.. I don't know the significance of that though, I don't ship myself..

Old 12-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #16
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezilsGirl
I had another (simliar) box but didn't have time to write the reptile bit on it because I was in a rush.
I know what you mean. It takes sooooo long to write a few words on a box. first you need to find a marker, then the dictionary, then................

Old 12-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
Thomas E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByRandom
So she either switched boxes to intentionally to ship it through USPS.. or she never had a "Live Harmless Reptiles" box... with all that it implies.
I see, Ok..

Old 12-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
So she had a box that said "Live Harmless Reptiles" on it which inspired an inquisition as to the contents of the package...

However whenever she .. (or her mother)... shipped through USPS, it was in a standard "Perishable - Handle With Care" box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezilsGirl
I had another (simliar) box but didn't have time to write the reptile bit on it because I was in a rush.
Thomas, the answer above from Heather is prime example why we like to ask questions and give them enough room to remove all doubt.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #19
LauraB
Oh my gosh! Heather, just cut the crap! You screwed up! The more you talk, the deeper the hole you dig for yourself! It's getting pretty funny, actually.

Ok, let me get this straight. Mom takes the box to Zip & Ship and leaves it. Box is properly marked "live harmless reptile". (remember, Heather, you've already admitted that more than once, hence the confusion by myself and others). Little boy at Z & S literally tears up a box in his eagerness to see a "live harmless reptile", however the snake did not escape. Zip & Ship refuses to ship, even though according to you they've shipped before without a problem, even though they've never inquired before about your "live harmless reptiles", let alone ripped open packages to inspect and even though you have a FedEx account. Right?

So then Zip & Ship calls you and tells you they won't ship, so you have to go BACK and pick up your torn up box, right?

You then put snake in another box, send mom to USPS to ship. BUT, you can't legally send a snake via USPS, so you just mark the box "Perishable, handle with care" so they won't know and you save a little cash, since customers don't know the exact shipping fee from Aztec, NM to their location.

Do I have it right?

Or did you just send it USPS 2-day in the first place to save some cash and are now just trying to place blame on others for your lack of effort and responsibility?

~ Laura Bolt

Old 12-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #20
GinoInDaBronx
Something is Rotten in Aztec...

I would just like to interject and say that this is the most impressive array of excuses since chris johnson and 'the guys' during the last few weeks of tse.

beil, I am sure that you will go far in this biz!

Gino Beniquez

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!