Jason Sobek,The Arachnoporium(Bad Guy) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #11
AF Exotics
Honestly,no.but I would rather just refrain from posting it simply because it is personal in nature,and I am not out to ruin the guy,just want what's owed to me.The above email is obvious.The thread on the AB also is obvious as Botar explains it simply.He referred me to Jason,as Botar was getting out of the business,and Jason was supposed to buy his business from him,as I understood it,and so I started sending Jason the stock that would've went to Botar.I did use some discretion and sent him half of what I would've sent to Botar.He was clamoring for a third shipment,and had not some fool at Delta not said something stupid that day,he would have another shipment of mine.The E-Check from Paypal failed a few days later,and thus nothing more(3rd shipment) was ever sent.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
ravensgait
Marcus, not that anyone here is really doubting you But emails with their headers that pertain to this deal should be posted. It's always a good idea to bleep out any profanity but other than post them as they are.. If the guy was dumb enough to say personal stuff to you in a business email then turn around and try to rip you off- well then to bad for him.. Randy

Old 12-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #13
ravensgait
Quote:
Originally Posted by omni
ok, I'm not up on comedy flix to recognize the quote. His joke really came off the wall to me outta nowhere.
I don't think he is a "bad guy", just that with a recent move and a couple large shipments in with sales maybe not covering the bills, I can understand how he could've gotten into some financial troubles, maybe bit off more than could be chewed. Still, it seemed that things were looking up(Oct?) when some sort of payment plan was agreed upon or return of some stock.

Jason, what you should do is just tell your creditors that you are broke because stuff didn't sell as you had hoped. Be open and communicate w/ppl, don't avoid them. People want reassurance that you are making effort to meet your obligations. Even small payments will go a long way. Downsize slowly at a loss to make a few payments.
You're a good kid I can tell from looking at a lot of your photos and stuff you're into, and smart. I did some digging, you know your stuff, just you're a strange one that I wouldnt do any biz with.

I don't think he's purposely scamming anyone, just can't see his way out of the hole he's in.
Actually I enjoy seeing real scumbags get thrown to the wolves, but think Jason isn't deserving of that. His past record is pretty good w/ lotsa happy customers (scratches head; what happened?)
Do the right thing, man!
There have been to many apparently Good guys that have screwed folks over, as an example take a look at the TSE thread.

I don't know about you but if someone owed me a couple of grand and refused to talk to me I'd say they were a Bad Guy.. As is often said here, How someone deals with problems tells more about them than their deals that are problem free. So far this yaa hoo is looking pretty bad...Randy

Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
AF Exotics
Randy,I apologize for not censoring that part.I am not that proficient with certain computer functions as far as the email header is concerned,I just pasted the body of the email which shows culpability on his part.I guess a tutorial is in order on my part,but you know how us old folks are,we get stuck in a mode sometimes.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #15
ravensgait
LOL yeah we do at that... here's how I would post the emails.. high light the email from the header(sender and recipient info) down to the bottom of the email cut it and paste it here then go back and ### out those words you don't want to show up here. Just post a disclaimer that you ## out some words for obvious reasons. Often people post emails in their reverse order no biggie but if you post the earliest one first and so on they will show up in the correct order here.. Randy

Old 12-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #16
AF Exotics
Thanks Randy.I will do that as needed.I know some people may want to see more,but what is already posted is pretty self explanatory,including what Omni posted.Jason just needs to start paying me.As Omni mentioned,we tried to work out a payment plan,but he sent nothing,then a return of the stock was offered,I accepted that condition(where most people wouldn't after nearly 60 days of it in his possesion),but again,nothing sent.Now I can't trust anything being returned to me,just paying for what he has,and owes me rightfully.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #17
AF Exotics
Subject: Snake Sale
Date: 10/24/2007 5:25:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Reply To:
To: BowFingered@aol.com
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Sent from the Internet (Details)
Marcus,

I am selling two pairs of Bitis gabonica tonight and will send you all of the money from the sale.

Thank you,

Jason Sobek

The Arachnoporium

Here he is offering to start paying me by some of his sales of stock,yet this also never happened.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #18
AF Exotics
Subject: Payment Arrangment
Date: 10/15/2007 9:35:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Reply To:
To: BowFingered@aol.com
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Internet Address Card Attached

Marcus,

I will review my finances and propose a payment schedule to you tomorrow, for your approval. I will send a separate email noting the issues on my side. Can you send me a complete invoice (both combined). I would like to settle this matter as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Jason Sobek

The Arachnoporium

Here he acknowledges two invoices,"both combined".I will post more as needed,but it is pretty redundant,about how he will pay me,but it never happens.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #19
AF Exotics
I also want to be as honest as possible.Jason makes mention about some issues on his side.They had to do with misidentification on some of the tarantulas,which he was sending to a noted expert for id purposes.No problem,I would've worked anything out.I import for a living now and want to keep my small group of customers happy,and would've done the same for him.He then attacked me about mites and all other problems,but that was never an issue until I called him out on the AB Boards,which pissed him off,but he was already not responding,then magically my stock was crap,but I have more emails of him asking for more,until the whole bottom fell out on our business dealings.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #20
AF Exotics
Subject: Email Not Recieved
Date: 10/15/2007 3:02:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Reply To:
To: bowfingered@aol.com
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Internet Address Card Attached

BTW,

I did not receive your email (any many others) due to the PC crash – apparently if outlook runs on attempted startup it removes emails from the servers – then I lost all in outlook. I will have some time later tonight and we will come to a payment agreement that will satisfy you – you have my word. If you can please delete the posts you put up on the forums – as I will not be able to pay in this case, as I will have no income.

Thank you,

Jason Sobek

The Arachnoporium

http://www.arachnidshop.com

412-377-4644

This is where he is trying to get me to remove the negative post on the Arachnoboards,basically saying he can't pay me if I don't take it down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!