Jason Sobek,The Arachnoporium(Bad Guy) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #51
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
We DO have a blacklist of people we refuse to allow to sell at AB. With not much more effort Jason will be on it... but that's our business and our decision and not really up for discussion.
Is there certain criteria that must be met for this to happen, or is it soley at AB descretion?

Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #52
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
My question is: Do the dealers on AB have the ability to remove, or have removed negative posts, from their individual reviews?
Nope. People can remove posts that they make, that is all. We look at all reported posts and decide if any action is appropriate, but we don't delete on request. Only in those cases, as I explained, where the thread has become something we don't care to host at AB.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #53
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Apple
hey way to contribute here...the dealer reviews on arach is somewhat a BOI when you get down to it, just broken down a bit more into catagories.
I gotta wonder why the Gearheart-Nunn thread is not there but is elsewhere.
Character references speak volumes in who ya deal with.
And if your tired of reading this 'crap' then act on it
We remove things that aren't productive. Blatant pissing matches, arguments about who imported what first, buyer's remorse, smear tactics, etc etc. If a thread such as you describe has been deleted, it was because it was deemed unproductive. If there isn't already enough material on either party pertaining to actual transactions, then we're not willing to host a gratuitous thread that, while it may produce useful info, produces a quality of atmosphere that we have already decided does not work on AB.

We don't make any of the promises the BOI does... we delete whatever we feel like deleting if we feel, quite honestly, that it will become more trouble than it's worth for us. There is no revenue stream from AB to support the headaches having such an atmosphere would entail. That's all.

And we *do* act on it... it's just not to everyone's liking. And we're fine with that... we direct people here for that kind of stuff.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #54
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
Is there certain criteria that must be met for this to happen, or is it soley at AB descretion?
No criteria, no... when we no longer wish them to sell at AB, we remove their ability to do so.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #55
AF Exotics
Hey Tom,thanks for stepping up and explaining some of this.I haven't really received any info other than the infraction I got and an explanation about my infraction.No matter what,the boy owes me money,and it's a tough pill for any man to swallow when you see some of your property being sold on a site,and it was stolen from you.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #56
MikeCurtin
Quote:
No criteria, no... when we no longer wish them to sell at AB, we remove their ability to do so.
mmmm hmmmm.....sounds like a nice little "club"

Old 06-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #57
John Apple
Quote:
We remove things that aren't productive. Blatant pissing matches, arguments about who imported what first, buyer's remorse, smear tactics, etc etc. If a thread such as you describe has been deleted, it was because it was deemed unproductive. If there isn't already enough material on either party pertaining to actual transactions, then we're not willing to host a gratuitous thread that, while it may produce useful info, produces a quality of atmosphere that we have already decided does not work on AB.

We don't make any of the promises the BOI does... we delete whatever we feel like deleting if we feel, quite honestly, that it will become more trouble than it's worth for us. There is no revenue stream from AB to support the headaches having such an atmosphere would entail. That's all.

And we *do* act on it... it's just not to everyone's liking. And we're fine with that... we direct people here for that kind of stuff.
In a nutshell

Old 06-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #58
John E Dove
Mr. Sanderson
Thank you for clearing that up for me. It does make one wonder why people are not posting their negatives to sellers reviews though.

How are those reviews created?
Are they just what is posted in the review forum?

Old 06-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #59
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
Mr. Sanderson
Thank you for clearing that up for me. It does make one wonder why people are not posting their negatives to sellers reviews though.

How are those reviews created?
Are they just what is posted in the review forum?
Quite frankly there aren't that many scammers in the invertebrate world. There are plenty of negative review there if you look around. They are regular forum threads like anything else...

Old 06-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #60
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
mmmm hmmmm.....sounds like a nice little "club"
Look, I don't know you, and I'm not interested in escalating your little insinuation that we are some kind of club for scammers. When you have somethign to say to someone's face, let us know. Have a GREAT day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!