REPTICON Pensacola? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 AM   #21
Sweeney's Serpents
Yep, Alex was doing it. The last time I did his show he scheduled it on FSU graduation weekend. No hotels and no foot traffic. Guess I'm cursed as far as Tally goes. The reptile shows are important to get more folks participating in the industry. However, shows with no vendors or loaded with importers selling near dead animals does no one any good. I'm not the only one having problems with his shows. He should offer free gas and entrance and have everyone pay what the show is worth on the way out.

Scott Sweeney

Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 AM   #22
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney's Serpents
Yep, Alex was doing it. The last time I did his show he scheduled it on FSU graduation weekend. No hotels and no foot traffic. Guess I'm cursed as far as Tally goes. The reptile shows are important to get more folks participating in the industry. However, shows with no vendors or loaded with importers selling near dead animals does no one any good. I'm not the only one having problems with his shows. He should offer free gas and entrance and have everyone pay what the show is worth on the way out.

Scott Sweeney
I hate to say it Scott, but you sound like someone that would not be happy regardless of what they do. If you hate the Repticon shows, then just don't go to them. I will also add that you are the only one that claims Billy and Tina are rude, I have always heard they were friendly, as well as stand up people until now. And no, I do not know them, it is just my view from the outside looking in.

You say that Alex was the one doing the show that you speak of, if so than explain how it was that Billy got rude with you, was he there too?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #23
Sweeney's Serpents
Bobby,

Since you confuse easily, I'll explain it to you. Alex once upon a time did the Tally show .....he no longer does and his show were good except for the last one and that was just a scheduling issue. I honestly don't care what you heard. I "heard you sell Bert's Tegus as your own....and I "heard" that from your buddy.......the only reason why you are posting here because I hurt your Buddy's feelings. If you can read others have found his shows lacking also. May be that day they were stressed or whatever......I found Billy unprofessional and his mother wanted to argue about a mistake they made about something as simple as nametags. I could also listvendors that left early because it was not worth their time to stay, but that is their business. So Bobby hope I have cleared up all your worries....good night and go away.

Scott Sweeney

Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 AM   #24
varnyard
My tegus? That is too funny, there is so much proof all over the web that I breed tegus, this in itself shows you are not the brightest bulb in the pack. Looks like you should do a little homework before dribbling your smut. Yes Scott, you are a real truthful guy, IMO, your words mean about nothing.

Well Scott, I heard you are an idiot, and that you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground. I kind of wondered about that, but not any more, you proved that point.

I also heard your nick name is Swindler Sweeney, why is that so Scott?

And for the record, Billy and his staff have a much better reputation than you Scott, so do tell us who we should believe? Yes sir, it looks like it is cut and dry, right out there in black and white to me.

Oh and proof I breed and produce tegus, just for you Scott:
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...slv8-&ei=UTF-8

Old 06-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #25
homegrownherps
Quote:
Bobby,

Since you confuse easily, I'll explain it to you. Alex once upon a time did the Tally show .....he no longer does and his show were good except for the last one and that was just a scheduling issue. I honestly don't care what you heard. I "heard you sell Bert's Tegus as your own....and I "heard" that from your buddy.......the only reason why you are posting here because I hurt your Buddy's feelings. If you can read others have found his shows lacking also. May be that day they were stressed or whatever......I found Billy unprofessional and his mother wanted to argue about a mistake they made about something as simple as nametags. I could also listvendors that left early because it was not worth their time to stay, but that is their business. So Bobby hope I have cleared up all your worries....good night and go away.

Scott Sweeney

I did the first to Tally show put on by Alex ...and they both were not worth the trip, plenty of vendors ( at least enought to fill both those buildings ) and the traffic wasnt even that bad , but no one was spending money.

As for Billy and is Mom being rude ...... I have never seen them them being rude to any one that didnt deserve it. You can bet that if you mouth of to his mom ...you get it right back. I have never seen Billy show any signs of being mad or rude. I have caught them on a few mistakes, and not once did the get rude. All of thier staff seem to go out of thier way to make EVERYONE happy. ( sometimes thiers just no pleasing certain people no matter what you do ).

Over the past few years I have seen the Repticon show grow and get better each year.

As for those vendors that leave any show early ....they should have to pay a fine or just not be allowed back to that show, it's totally unprofessional.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #26
varnyard
Jim I could not agree more, as Scott stated here, he did go and argue with Billy's mother. That with the large lack of class he has shown here pretty much tells the story. It seems Scott could use some classes in self control, however I am afraid he would be unable to grasp the lessons.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #27
Sweeney's Serpents
LOL, If calling me names makes you feel better, then more power to you. You remind me of the person honking your horn and cussing but would not dare get out of the car. Your buddy, and you know who I'm refering too stated during a conversation when he was my buddy that you would pass off some of Berts as yours. If you had minded your own bussiness I would not have brought it up. I know you breed tegus, I own one of them and it is doing fine. I always gave your Buddy a break to try to and help him out with his store. I became irritated when I gave him 175 rats for $1oo in trade and he would not pay up after 6 months, but have money to buy from a mutual friend.

Back to the matter at hand. I had a bad experience with Billy and his show. I will not waste the money on his shows again. I had family and friends that saw what took place. I am happy if some of you did OK. Even Kathy Love said some of the show were not that good.

Jim, you and I have done some business at Alex's Tampa show a few years back. We traded som corns and Bulls. The corns are doing great. Every time I see you and your wife at the shows you always bring a big spread. You can't tell me that if you went to a show and there was few vendors and foot traffic that you would be happy with all the effort it takes to bag up or cup snakes, get displays ready, and in my case take time off from work to get ready? This forum is to inform others. What I have stated are not even opinions they are facts.

Bobby,

Ask SAM IF I EVER SWINDLED HIM?

Scott Sweeney

Old 06-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #28
varnyard
[quote]
Quote:
LOL, If calling me names makes you feel better, then more power to you. You remind me of the person honking your horn and cussing but would not dare get out of the car. Your buddy, and you know who I'm refering too stated during a conversation when he was my buddy that you would pass off some of Berts as yours. If you had minded your own bussiness I would not have brought it up. I know you breed tegus, I own one of them and it is doing fine. I always gave your Buddy a break to try to and help him out with his store. I became irritated when I gave him 175 rats for $1oo in trade and he would not pay up after 6 months, but have money to buy from a mutual friend.
You can bring up what ever you wish Scott, but you will be the one looking like the fool in the end. I do not think that Sam told you any such thing, and if you done your homework as I stated before you would know that I am the second largest breeder of tegus in the US. Now how do you think people will take your silly comments?

Quote:
Back to the matter at hand. I had a bad experience with Billy and his show. I will not waste the money on his shows again. I had family and friends that saw what took place. I am happy if some of you did OK. Even Kathy Love said some of the show were not that good.

Jim, you and I have done some business at Alex's Tampa show a few years back. We traded som corns and Bulls. The corns are doing great. Every time I see you and your wife at the shows you always bring a big spread. You can't tell me that if you went to a show and there was few vendors and foot traffic that you would be happy with all the effort it takes to bag up or cup snakes, get displays ready, and in my case take time off from work to get ready? This forum is to inform others. What I have stated are not even opinions they are facts.
Lets do get back to the matter at hand, you are not looking at supporting these shows, and it sure looks like you expected Billy and his crew to kiss your bottom. Well I am sorry Scott, but it looks like you have a personal problem with Billy and his crew, and this is not about his shows at all. You look to be here to whine, that is about all I see Scott. If you don't like his shows, then hell don't go to them, but if you do go, show the staff the respect they are due.

Quote:
Bobby,

Scott Sweeney
Did I say you did, did I say Sam said you did? Looks like once again you are muttering false facts.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #29
homegrownherps
Quote:

Bobby,

Scott Sweeney

There never seems to be a moderater here when you need them (just like the cops) Why don't you start a new thread about how you feel about Bobby's Tegus ... your bringing this thread off topic.

And ... theres where you wrong....the Repticon shows are bringing plenty of foot traffic, that's why I attend those shows (not to mention they don't rape you on electric and table fees )

In the 8-10 years I have been doing reptile shows I have only packed up early at one show because the birds that got loose crap'd on my snakes. Other that than ONE show I have never left early no matter how bad it was.....its unprofessional. I go with every intention of making money, but never get mad and leave early if I don't. I just will no longer vend at those events ...that's why you don't see me in Tampa (Gila shows) anymore.

I personally like it when theres less vendors ... I make more money !

In all fairness, unless you have been a vendor at ALL the Repticon shows , I can't see how you can come here and judge them.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
homegrownherps
I would also like to add that ... over the years, the Repticon events have gotten MUCH better. And from the looks of it they just keep getting better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!