Dealings with Loki Herpetology!! Michael Davenport - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
snakeman56
Dealings with Loki Herpetology!! Michael Davenport

This is about a pair of 100% Het Albinos I bought from them back in May 2005

I went ahead a cut a small flap on each egg!! And lo and behold NO ALBINOS!!

Now what are the chances if the female is a true het and breed with a Male Albino, and out of 9 eggs not one Albino. Well that is why I used the visual male so at least they are 100% Het now.

History:

I bought a pair of 100% Het Albinos Back in 5/2005, they were posted for sale on Kingsnake as CBB 2004, By Loki Herpetology! who was run by and owened by Michael Davenport I have all the paperwork and a guarantee. But shortly after the sale they went out of business! Wonder Why!!????

All the paperwork is signed by a Schmeby Reagan, who is the one that responded to my emails from the add on Kingsnake. On the add which I printed a copy it says they were based out of Blacksburg, Virginia

Is it possible for a true Het not to prove out with her first clutch?????? Should I try again next season???

When I bought the pair, I did alot of inquiring and I got good responses about Loki Herpetology from the BOI. That is why I bought the pair.

But I guess with all the scams going on back then, you would have to wonder, why they went out of business after doing this for so many years.

It would be nice to know if somebody else was taken by these people back then??? Also if anybody knew their whereabouts!! I sure would like to talk to them.

But I also know that is very unlikely!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
SPJ
I would say the chances of getting no albinos out of 9 eggs when it is supposed to be a 100% het and bred to a visual are SOOOOOO small, that the only conclusion I can come to is that you got sold a normal instead of a true het.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I would say the chances of getting no albinos out of 9 eggs when it is supposed to be a 100% het and bred to a visual are SOOOOOO small, that the only conclusion I can come to is that you got sold a normal instead of a true het.
I would say try her again next year; there is still a chance that you missed on the odds. Last year I bred a male Hypo to a proven Het. Hypo female; 7 eggs, no hypos.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
snakeman56
Does anybody know the wereabouts of the names mentioned in my original post?????

I would like to hear from others that bought Het Albino Ball pythons! and did you prove them out????

Thank you in advance!!

Old 06-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
KJUN
Odds - 1 out of 512 to get ZERO albinos where n=5 and an one parent was an albino and the other was a het.

Sounds remarkable, but that just shows it CAN and DOES happen. If 512 such crosses where made in the world this year, you may be the unlucky one! Sorry. I'd bet against her being a het, but I wouldn't say she is NOT a het until you get at least one more good clutch from her.

Plus, and I don't know anything good/bad about the breeder, but even if this one isn't het, I'd approach them before thinking it is all bad. There is always the slim chance they are honest, believed that one parent was an albino, and that particular one was from sperm retention from a previously used male. All of these things are slim odds (yeah, you were LIKELY sold a normal as a het), but od ratios prove it DOES happen no matter how rare. I've seen it!

KJ

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!