2 crested gecko eggs today! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
hdavidf309
2 crested gecko eggs today!

here they are and looking mighty healthy! This will be my 1st clutch from my new colony. Very excited...so please comment and give pointers if you have em!
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Leif
The eggs look really healthy. Did you candle them to see if they are fertile? We only recommend using SuperHatch (calcined clay) as a substrate. With all the other methods of incubation you will need to weigh and measure out the water to keep the humidity in the incubator consistent. I also do not put any ventilation holes but rather open the top 1-2 times a day. Check out our thoughts on SuperHatch from our article Reptile Incubation With SuperHatch

Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
bad-one
Hey someone else in Antioch! *waves*

The only way to be certain they are fertile is to candle them. It works best 4-7 days after being layed but I can usually tell on the first day if it's a good or bad egg. I personally use eco earth and add water to feel (basically if you can't squeeze water out of it you're good).

Best tip- be patient! On day 55 or so I set up the baby cage to be ready whenever they hatch.

Good luck!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
Leif
Another good tip for anyone new to Crested Geckos is to let the egg incubate in temperatures around the mid-low 70s which result in a longer incubation time. The longer the neonate has in the egg the more time it has to absorb the yolk and you will actually have a larger, healthier hatchling and an increased hatch rate.

Well how ya doin' Brittany. There seems to be quite a few of us hanging around various forums

Old 10-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
bad-one
Yep, lower incubation is best. I've heard 68-72*F is the low range. Here is a thread about how head and tail structure may be affected by incubation time:

http://www.forums.repashy.com/incuba...structure.html

I don't find many in my city though, kinda a nice feeling as I have no reptile friends irl other than sometimes the guys I talk to at Petacular Exotics.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
gixxer3420
Congrats on the two eggs. Please post pics when they hatch

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!