Halequin boas? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
jrbannister0726
Halequin boas?

So have a 1.1 pair of pos super hypo harlequins mid 08 and the male has bred my normal female and i was wondeing what the outcome would be, and any real information on the harlequin bloodline/morph. I put the male harley with the feamale and within a few hrs hes was courting her. But i decided to pull him and let her get alittle fatter before i try to breed them together and get super harleys'. Also if anyone has any info on gravid females while gravid not just the signs that they are, but habits, signs of distress, or potential issues i should know about.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Firebill
Hi Jonathan,

I got my 1.1 Harlequins from Brendan Magee. I bred my male Harlequin to a normal female and all the babies came out really clean and nicely patterned. The normal female that i bred the Harlequin male to is pretty muddy in the back end and this was pretty much a dinkin breeding to see what the Harlequin would do. My Harlequin female should be big enough to breed this next year and supposedly breeding the 2 together should produce some really nice babies according to Brendan. With my clutch over half the babies were no doubt Harlequins as they are patterned just like my older pair. As with a lot of babies the Harlequins color was not there and that comes in over time, but some already did have the color. I did hold back a few and over several sheds the color really started coming in. If you got 1.1 pos super hypo Harlequins i would assume that you should produce some really nice babies. Since you are in NC, i would definitely be interested when they are available as i would like to dink around whith a hypo Harlequin. Do you have pictures of your pair?

Old 12-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
jrbannister0726
i do have photos of them that i can send to you via email or txt since they are on my iphone. my cell is 252-648-1141 if you want to txt me your number ill take some fresh pics here in the next hr when i go home for lunch.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
jrbannister0726
since i have have absoulutely no idea how to post them on here

Old 12-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
jrbannister0726
i txted you the photos so you could post them i cant wait to see the pics of your boas.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Firebill
Here are pictures of Jonathan's Harlequins.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
Firebill
Here are a couple pictures of mine when they were yearlings, i'll have to take some updated pictures. The last picture is of my holdback baby from the Harlequin male X normal female, it is about 2 months old in the picture.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
jrbannister0726
she has a nice reduced pattern. i txtd you one last pic that didnt go through earlier. its a nice shot of the females tail pattern. you have a random tail shot of the male in there also.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
jrbannister0726
oh and thankyou again for posting them for me.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Firebill
one more photo of Jonathans female Harlequin
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!