A small sign of improvement ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-27-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
fschburg
A small sign of improvement ?

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. I have a small sign that she is hopefully improving.

Yesterday, per the advice I received, I gave my female leo a warm soak and a drop of mineral oil on her nose. I just checked her cage and she has relieved herself, FINALLY !!

I think I will give her another soak today and another drop of mineral oil.

I did however put 5 small crickets (1/4 inch) n her enclosure and she showed no interest. But there are a couple mealworms missing.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:11 PM   #2
Vince
when she went , what did it look like? how much ?

Old 03-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
fschburg
It was about 1/2 inch long, mostly dark with white on one end.

I have another question too.

I have a few babies in a separate tank from her, one of them, a blizzard, just had a movement and it looks like there is a lot of liquid that was excreted with it. Any ideas what that might be ?

Old 03-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
when she went , what did it look like? how much ?
(lol, we, the poop-obsessed)
Was there any sign of sand (vita sand) in it? poke it apart. if there is sand this tells us 2 things, 1) yes she ate sand so that could be whats making her feel bad, and 2) she is passing said sand which is a Good Sign.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Glad she finally went!

mucas laden stools often mean parasites, you really need a fecal to be sure. Is this the first bad stool or has the blizzard had other bad movements?

Old 03-27-2005, 06:45 PM   #6
Vince
I have just gotten over a sand impaction scare. Thats why I asked about the poooop , I hope everything works out. seperate all you geckos if one might have signs of heath problems.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:49 PM   #7
raiquee
best thing you can do for your leo is put them on paper towel or newspaper, so that they can't eat anything that isn't food with their food! I know i know, it's not pretty, but we really need to think of the leo's best intrest, not just ours

Old 03-27-2005, 10:17 PM   #8
fschburg
I have already put them on paper towels.

I haven't been able to find a local herp vet yet. Noone I've found around here works with 'exotics' like reptiles in general.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #9
dragonflyreptiles
Our closest real reptile vet is 2 hours away but my local vet will do fecals when I take them in. Alot of vets will do fecals even if they are not a reptile vet.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #10
fschburg
No second movement

Hey - I have given my, as I am told, patternless carrot-tail two more soaks today in warm water and a drop of mineral oil each time. I hope she has another movement soon.

She seems to be more active for a short while immediately after her soaks, but I still haven't seen her eat anything. I have put a few crix in and she has the constant supply of mealworms. I put fresh mealies in daily and fresh water.

Prime example of her activity, I took her out of her soak about 10 minutes ago and now she is back in her cage. Now she is roaming around pretty well. Can't tell if she is hunting or looking for the toilet LOL !!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!