Vet Visit - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
WizardLizards
Vet Visit

About a month and a half ago, Saber, one of my male tangerines pulled a jail break and went missing for three days. When we found him under the fridge, he seemed no worse for wear with the exception of a few mangled toes that I assume resulted from his getting his claws caught in the carpet. His right front paw was a bit swollen, but the color was good, and I assumed it would subside and he would be fine. Well the swelling never went down, but he didn't seem to be hindered at all in his movements, and he showed no signs of discomfort when I touched the foot so I figured I would keep an eye on it. Well last night when I soaked him to assist with a bad shed on that foot, I noticed that the foot was discolored. When I prodded the foot, a nasty pus seeped out. I took him to the vet tonight, who removed a hard abcess from the foot, and he also amputated a toe on the other foot that under magnification showed a fracture. So now poor Saber is hobbling around with stitches holding his right foot together, and a swollen left foot from the toe removal. I now have to administer drops of Ciprofloxacin to him orally over the next three weeks, so he should be fine. He is just glaring at me now, and boy is he pissed, I am sure he will sink his teeth into me first chance he gets. I feel bad for him, but I am glad he is on the mend.

The funniest part is my family thinks I am nuts for spending $98 on a vet visit for a lizard, but I owe it to Saber. He is an awesome Leo!!!!!

Tony

Old 10-27-2005, 12:11 AM   #2
tanias16
That's all? For stitches and everything? Man, I paid more than that today with my vet visit and fecals. I am so glad to hear that he is on his way to recovery though. Good for you for taking him in when you knew he needed it. He might be pissed, but he'll be grateful in a few days I'm sure!

Old 10-27-2005, 12:13 AM   #3
BluGnat
It's $54 to just walk in the door with the Leo where I'm at - not including anything they do to him. It's great that you're willing to do what's necessary to take good care of your little guy!

Old 10-27-2005, 06:15 AM   #4
LadyGecko
I'm soy to hear of Saber's misfortune but I am glad to hear that he is on the mend
I also think that you have a very reasonably priced vet
Good Luck with him
Sandy

Old 10-27-2005, 06:17 AM   #5
LadyGecko
OOPS- guess that I missed the 2 r's in sorry

Old 10-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
Sorry to hear about Saber but Im so glad you got him the care he needed, kudos to you for being an AWESOME leo owner!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!