OMG.....SO not cool...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
StinaUIUC
OMG.....SO not cool......

Wow.....besides being against ebays TOS...FOUR different species of gecko in ONE cage!
http://cgi.ebay.com/GECKOS-4-LIVE-W-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Simply insane...

Old 01-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #3
StinaUIUC
I e-mailed the seller and notified e-bay...I simply couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that not only were they selling live animals...

Old 01-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #4
BalloonzForU
Ignorance is Bliss! I can't believe a parent would let their child put different species together like. Obviously they didn't do their research.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #5
reptilebreeder
What is also pathetic is how the mom caters to the impetuous son. "oh you're bored with the geckos?, well let me sell them and get you the hamster you want instead"
If anybody wants a hamster, probably with a complete setup, just wait a couple weeks, one will probably be for sale shortly. When the boy wants a pygmy hedgehog.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:00 AM   #6
A_Kendergirl
Since the ad is no longer there...care to fill us in as to what it was for?

Old 01-10-2006, 02:04 AM   #7
StinaUIUC
YAY its gone! it was an ad that a someone posted selling their son's 4 geckos (a leopard gecko, a crocodile gecko, a golden gecko, and I don't remember what the other one was...) with a fairly small tank (I don't even know what size it was...I mostly just paid attention to the fact that it was multiple species...though I noticed it look pretty small) and some supplies. The kid was bored with them, so his parent was selling them on ebay for him...

Old 01-10-2006, 02:14 AM   #8
BalloonzForU
I believe the add said 20 tall for the tank size.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
ByRandom
The geckos within the tank were a leopard gecko, crocodile gecko, golden gecko, and white spotted gecko. I'm a firm believer of researching an animal before you get it. Especially if you are a parent and purchase an animal for a child, you need to know as much as you possibly can about the animal(s). Like not housing multiple species which originate from multiple climates in one enclosure.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #10
StinaUIUC
I believe you should also know that there's a high likelyhood of the kid getting bored with it and it is YOUR responsibility to make sure it is taken care of....I hate it when people get animals for their kids with NO intention of taking care of it themselves when their kids inevitably get bored...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!