JENNIFER HARRISON GOOD GAL!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #41
TripleMoonsExotic
Hey Robert, after Tosha posted that e-mail, Dr Jacobson said he didn't want any of his e-mails made public (and they were removed from B-P.net)...Which honestly makes me wonder why? Maybe he doesn't want Jen knowing what he said about her? I'm kind of glad someone saved them because I think Jen SHOULD see what he said.

Jen sent an e-mail out in the early hours of 05/01 to myself and the other individual who was supposed to get the Mojaves. She stated that she was not going to sell them and apologized to us for the entire situation. I believe she stated within the past few days that she WASN'T going to sell any of the hatchlings, it was just assumed that they were already shipped out and in a new owner's possession.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Hey Robert, after Tosha posted that e-mail, Dr Jacobson said he didn't want any of his e-mails made public (and they were removed from B-P.net)...Which honestly makes me wonder why? Maybe he doesn't want Jen knowing what he said about her? I'm kind of glad someone saved them because I think Jen SHOULD see what he said.

Jen sent an e-mail out in the early hours of 05/01 to myself and the other individual who was supposed to get the Mojaves. She stated that she was not going to sell them and apologized to us for the entire situation. I believe she stated within the past few days that she WASN'T going to sell any of the hatchlings, it was just assumed that they were already shipped out and in a new owner's possession.
That's good to hear.
She is keeping them instead of taking a chance on selling them.
I had hoped that would be what she would do. I'm glad she is doing that. Very smart move IMO.

I told her in a PM that she should grow up the babies and monitor her collection. After a good amount of time passes with no more issues (the time it takes for the babies to become adults), I think it would be a safe bet to conclude that the virus is no longer present.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #43
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890
Copy/Paste of the email by Dr. Jacobson in the bp.net link above, just in case it gets deleted over there.
It already WAS deleted awhile ago, as it was requested by Dr. Jacobsen to have not been distributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890
So the vaccine that you gave your collection was a bird vaccine, and is not what Dr. Jacobson recommended at all. Well, at least the potentialy infected offspring that you have already sold are immune to the bird flu.
It was widely known that it was a vaccine developed for birds, that's no revelation. Many of the medicinces we use in reptiles were developed for other animals and have worked their way into use in herps, it doesn't mean that they won't work. In fact, many of the meds we use in herps are STILL only labeled for use in cattle and livestock....but they work. They have to try something, they can't just sit on their rear and do nothing. And there were 2 other vets besides Dr. Jacobson involved.....and that vaccine had nothing to do with the "bird flu".

I'm not saying that I'm agreeing with what Jen is/was doing, because I don't. Please keep that in mind. I do not believe she should have been selling animals at this point.

And also, FWIW, I see that questions have been asked about Jen selling animals that were donated to her.....as far as I am aware, from my conversations with her, she has not received any of the offered donations yet. I was one who offered an albino to replace her Maggie, and my eggs aren't even laid yet.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #44
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I told her in a PM that she should grow up the babies and monitor her collection. After a good amount of time passes with no more issues (the time it takes for the babies to become adults), I think it would be a safe bet to conclude that the virus is no longer present.
I said pretty much the same thing to her because I want that parenthesis male bad.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #45
Chandler Reptiles
Quote:
But I have many others that do understand what happened and what we now know about it, and have no problems buying my babies. That's why 3 of them are already gone
Jen this sounds so much like Wyatt would be saying...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #46
Chandler Reptiles
Sorry typing to fast, there should be a what in there...

Old 05-04-2008, 01:51 AM   #47
Pink Lady Exotics
Keep in mind that the info I get from Dr. Jacobsen has been coming to me through Dr. Gordon. He has never spoken to me directly or sent me any kind of paperwork -- which has been the big problem. The last thing he said was that the test for OPMV was negative -- but then in information from Dr. Brodnik, it came out that it can take up to 8 weeks for antibodies to develop, therefore nullifying any test results we got because the sample females had only been sick for 3 weeks -- therefore may not have developed antibodies at all -- and hence the negative result.

No one has purchased anything from me. The babies were reserved by 3 people, which I have since cancelled.

Dr. Gordon imported and recommended the vaccine -- as it was proven to stop OPMV in multiple cases in Europe, and thus was sent to me by a German vet who had experience with it working in this manner first hand. If you Google it, you will read it for yourself.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:12 AM   #48
Pink Lady Exotics
In case you haven't noticed, almost every med we use on ball pythons isn't labeled for reptiles -- it is labeled for birds, cats, dogs, cattle, pigs, etc. Vets are the ones that know when and how they can be used for non-listed animals. Hence the use of Colombovac in reptiles. In my research of OPMV, I printed off multiple cases in the UK, Germany, and Australia where collections were hit by the virus and when all remaining animals were vaccinated with 0.2cc of Colombovac regardless of weight, the infection stopped cold and did not continue -- and they never had a problem after that; they are all keeping and breeding successfully years later, with no recurrances of illness. Including one very dear friend of Dan and Colette Sutherland -- who experienced it first hand as well as colleagues of hers, and she is the one who put us in touch with her vet to get the vaccine. I brought everything I printed to Dr. Gordon, who made the call to order it and use it. You do have to remember that I am working with 3 different vets -- not every single thing went through all 3 of them. Especially considering that Dr. Jacobsen never responded to e-mails, never called me, never mailed me anything, and barely responded to Dr. Gordon when pressed for information. When we submitted our samples in January, we were told we'd have results in 2 weeks. It has now been months, and we're still not getting our phone calls and e-mails returned. The only information he sent was to the Marshfield Clinic -- and he specifically told them NOT to share it with either me or Dr. Gordon -- but because they are colleagues, and because we are desperate for any kind of news, they did it anyway. That is how Dr. Gordon got the info to me.

When I got the clearance that my babies were just fine and my animals would still be breedable, it came from Dr. Gordon and Dr. Brodnik. As mentioned, Dr. Jacobsen never responds to anything. I only get info from him through Dr. Gordon, which is why I believed it was sound info.

As previously mentioned, no animals have left my collection since September of last year. I have not recieved anything donated by anyone AT ALL. You can verify this with those that offered to do so. The only new animals to have come in are animals that I purchased after being told it was just fine to do so by 2 different vets. They are in a separate room from my established collection -- which pretty much doesn't matter at this point any more. Am I selling my babies? No. Am I breeding any more? Not right now. Do I know what I'm going to do? Nope.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #49
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Reptiles
Jen this sounds so much like Wyatt would be saying...
That was also before all of this came down. I have since rescinded that opinion and course of action.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #50
Cat_72
If Dr. Jacobsen won't hardly even reply to Dr. Gordon's emails, I wonder what makes Tosha's inquiry so special that he answered her right away? No offense intended to either Jen or Tosha, it just seems really, really, odd.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!