JENNIFER HARRISON GOOD GAL!!! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #81
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Reptiles
Sorry all part of being a proper ass clown I suppose...
If you are going to be something, be your best at it. I am damn proud of you!!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #82
BalloonzForU
Many things she has said conflict with what she has been saying in defense of selling those babies. She's also been shown to be incorrect in her dates of when the last time animals have left her home, which btw are after the infected animal joined her collection. So there are two balls out there that can very well be carriers. Has she notified the person(s) she adopted them out to?

How would you like to find out some time down the line that you bought an animal that was linked to Jen after all your animals became sick and died? You would feel just like Jen did when she found out that the virus came from Wyatt. The tables have turned and Jen was going to possibly spread the virus on to others. She cannot say with a clear conscience that her animals are 100% clean, just because they were treated. Treatment doesn't mean they are clean just because they are not showing symptoms.

We've still not seen any proof as to what virus it is that killed off most of her collection and neither has she as she has said already. She has stated that she has requested the information and is getting the runaround, so how can she say for sure what it is?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #83
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
This mentality is everything that is wrong with this place. The status quo.

The girl (jen) has actually done nothing wrong, but since she didnt do everything exactly like a few members here would have liked, you all are going to throw her under the bus and try to make her into a monster. You all suck. You all are the true monsters. Big giant ass clown monsters.
Arguabally, she showed an intention to do something that is pretty easily qualified as "wrong"

By "wrong" I mean "dangerous in a technical sense" rather than morally or ethically reprehensible, as she was acting in line with what she believed to be a safe course. That belief was an acknowledged error in judgement on her part.

Just trying to clarify here though; are you saying that nobody should have spoken up to point out that her animals are potentially asymptomatic carriers of an unknown disease causing agent that she recently had a problem with and massive die-off as a result of? Or are you saying that nobody should have told her to stop advertising and rescing the sales? Or are you merely saying, as I strongly suspect but am uncertain of, that you don't think she should be villified for her mistake?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #84
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Or are you merely saying, as I strongly suspect but am uncertain of, that you don't think she should be villified for her mistake?
Bingo!! We have a winner!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #85
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
This mentality is everything that is wrong with this place. The status quo.

The girl (jen) has actually done nothing wrong, but since she didnt do everything exactly like a few members here would have liked, you all are going to throw her under the bus and try to make her into a monster. You all suck. You all are the true monsters. Big giant ass clown monsters.

Am i doing it? nope. But i would not be expected to be treated nicely and happily and all freakin sugar coated because of mistakes that i now have to fix that might actually cause MORE problems.

Nope. ill take it like an adult, and understand the reason people are upset, and do my best to fix it. So dont say "You people" cause i havent said anything here that says shes some horrible monster. Youre kinda doing the same thing youre telling people not to do. Youre making others out to be some evil monsters, when hell... maybe you know, thats not their intent? Maybe it is, but you know freakin what... It certainly isnt mine. People are concerned. and have every damn right to be.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #86
Cat_72
You know, I used to condemn those who have had this virus in their collection and said nothing about it....at this point, after Jen's honesty and the way she's being treated for it, I'm starting to understand why they did what they did.

Not that I agree with it, but I understand it. Somehow, I don't see anything that Jen could do would be good enough for some of you people, 5 years from now you'll still find a reason to crucify her, even with as hard as she has tried to keep everything public knowledge, and spent money she doesn't have to try to research it. For the good of ALL of us in this crazy ass hobby. She could have kept it all under wraps, waited til the die-off stopped, and then continued business as usual...but she didn't, she's tried to educate all of us about what is happening.

Did she make a mistake trusting the word of a vet when he told her that it was safe to sell animals? Perhaps. But this witch hunt is just freakin pathetic.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #87
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
You know, I used to condemn those who have had this virus in their collection and said nothing about it....at this point, after Jen's honesty and the way she's being treated for it, I'm starting to understand why they did what they did.

Not that I agree with it, but I understand it. Somehow, I don't see anything that Jen could do would be good enough for some of you people, 5 years from now you'll still find a reason to crucify her, even with as hard as she has tried to keep everything public knowledge, and spent money she doesn't have to try to research it. For the good of ALL of us in this crazy ass hobby. She could have kept it all under wraps, waited til the die-off stopped, and then continued business as usual...but she didn't, she's tried to educate all of us about what is happening.

Did she make a mistake trusting the word of a vet when he told her that it was safe to sell animals? Perhaps. But this witch hunt is just freakin pathetic.
You are correct Cat, IMO many here are trolls that want to attack someone regardless of what is right. Some want to attack others because they do not agree with their opinion, somehow they become a bad guy. That is something I find very funny, Jen is a good girl bottom line. Too bad I lost much of the respect for many of the trolls here, regardless of how educated they think they are, when it is said and done they prove to anyone that has half a brain that they know nothing. They run around and try to act like gods, and act like their opinion is the only one that matters. Well I have news, I have an opinion too, and that is mine.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:26 AM   #88
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Am i doing it? nope. But i would not be expected to be treated nicely and happily and all freakin sugar coated because of mistakes that i now have to fix that might actually cause MORE problems.

Nope. ill take it like an adult, and understand the reason people are upset, and do my best to fix it. So dont say "You people" cause i havent said anything here that says shes some horrible monster. Youre kinda doing the same thing youre telling people not to do. Youre making others out to be some evil monsters, when hell... maybe you know, thats not their intent? Maybe it is, but you know freakin what... It certainly isnt mine. People are concerned. and have every damn right to be.
Sorry for making it look like I was lumping you in there Moo. I didnt mean for it to. I know you have been very understanding in the matter.

Respect and understanding is all I expect to be treated with, not sugar coating. These ass clowns have not even began to approach this with any kind of respect or understanding. They simply wanted to belittle Jen for not handling things exactly the way they thought it should have been handled. I am not saying Jen did everything right, I am just saying she did not do anything with malicious intent. Something these ass clowns just cant seem to differentiate.

But as far as me doing the same thing.... hardly. I am calling them out for being the witch hunting ass clowns that they are.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #89
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Sorry for making it look like I was lumping you in there Moo. I didnt mean for it to. I know you have been very understanding in the matter.

Respect and understanding is all I expect to be treated with, not sugar coating. These ass clowns have not even began to approach this with any kind of respect or understanding. They simply wanted to belittle Jen for not handling things exactly the way they thought it should have been handled. I am not saying Jen did everything right, I am just saying she did not do anything with malicious intent. Something these ass clowns just cant seem to differentiate.

But as far as me doing the same thing.... hardly. I am calling them out for being the witch hunting ass clowns that they are.

Ill admit. i was fairly angry reading that, and really thinking i was being added to that group, when i really try to see both sides of things as best i can, so i got a little offended.

Sorry for getting in there with the attitude... I could have just asked if i was being lumped in there.

The reason i say that you were doing the same thing ( i meant Making people out to be Monsters), in a way, was because People Like Felicia and such, are not bad people or evil witch hunters( im saying felicia, because you commented immediately after she posted... so yeah.. ionno.. maybe you didnt mean her, and then that there would be my fault for reading it that way completely), from what i see, they are upset, and are reacting because of worry for their own and others collections, which... personally i think is a fairly legit reaction, i acted the same way with that dan scolaro thread and one or two of the adeno virus threads ( so thats why i say that people should be held accountable for the things they do and act accordingly. If youre in this hobby for even a couple years, you quickly learn what to do and what not to do if you keep lots of animals, or at least... you should know.)

In defense, they too are just pointing out inaccuracies or things theyre seeing wrong. to be honest, i see it too, but ill at least leave room for an explanation... If Jen can explain them ( if she is willing, id hope so, cant expect her to of course) that would be great. Maybe those snakes adopted out are in single snake homes? All that there needs to be, for THAT information, is just some clarification... Do the people know if they did come in contact with the sick snakes, and what they should look out for? But as for the monster thing, i personally feel some ( not all, im sure some are just complete jerks) arent those kind of people. theyre just upset and worried.

I See your point that it would seem that shes being made out to be doing these things on purpose by some, but i dont really think that is their true intentions ( maybe it is, im not them, but i really am trying to understand both stances!). And i definitely dont think Jen is just out there doing it because she just dosnt CARE. I think, ( im sorry i cant explain THIER own actions, but just my view of them) that they are really just reacting based on what their own actions might be, as i have.

I dont know. i should probably go to bed or something. I just know that, i personally, do hold people to higher standards, i mean, heck. if I have to do things a certain way, and be careful and such, i would expect the same of others as well. Sure, that probably wont happen, but im certainly going to strive for it. I dont really think that its a bad thing to strive for.

Just as you would appreciate people being a bit more understanding of things ( and me too!),others would appreciate some dilligence in the way others care for their animals regarding diseases and sales and such when it comes down to something like this.

*shrug*

Old 05-05-2008, 01:12 AM   #90
ravensgait
She almost made a mistake. I can understand bringing this stuff up, without that she might have shipped those animals, good on those who noticed and acted on the info.. But there is the sound of a lynch mob here and there shouldn't be.

I agree with you Cat, anyone reading this will think twice before making their problem public and we all may end up paying for that. I see nothing wrong with posting the info but some act like they have Chris Johnson in their sights and She ain't Chris not by a long long shot. Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!