RDR/CLARK/??? Confrontation - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #11
ffollett
We came in about 10 min before the symposium started. When and were did this happen?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:01 AM   #12
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Mike S., weren't we standing with Laura F. as the Friday night altercation was in its infancy ? Or was I with Bobby ? Can't remember !
You may have been with Bobby at that time, he knows more about the situation then I do. As I recall Laura and I booked it out of there pretty quickly.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #13
christopher66
Were there any arrests made in this or any of the other altercations that occurred?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #14
Chameleon Company
Christopher and others,
Please understand that it is not in our best interests to act as the reporters here for the National Enquirer. You'll just have to come to the next Daytona !! Even in our civilized world, sometimes a little loudness, and a knuckle sandwich, are in order. The latter can get expensive though. Daytona's finest did make an appearance.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:47 AM   #15
varnyard
I seen the whole mess, There were no blows struck. Nothing but foul language. IMO, Nothing more than a childish verbal pi$$ing match. You know, it went like this, Hit me, no hit me , and so on. Ralph was upset about something Neil said, and this was the start of the verbal conflict. Clark acted like an adult, too bad I can not say the same about Neil and Ralph.
I can not tell you more, at this point I had seen enough of this and decided my wife and I had better things to do, so we left shortly after Neil was asked to leave.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #16
viridisnakes
Junkyard. That was a great mention about the start of the ball python talk. I don't mean to offend the speaker, but the discussion on investing in ball pythons was rediculous. He made an example of the purchase of one pair of albino, or it may have even been albino hets with the results being a profit of something like $290,000 in ten or so years. How many of you who have bought a single pair of hets in the last ten years has made $290,000 off that one pair. I think he forgot to include death of animals, sale of animals etc.

It was sort of sad to see any sort of herp breeding reduced to an AMWAY conference. It was also sad to think, so many in the audience wiping the salvia off their chin thinking about the million they could make off FOUR pairs of albino hets they would purchase tomorrow. Think about it $1500 to 1 million in ten years, sounds reasonable doesn't it.

I thought the most irionic part of the presentation was for this to all work new breeders/miilionaires need to ONLY buy from big breeders to insure the quality of the animals. So, how is joe blow ( who just saw this presentation) gonna make his first $250,000 when the gurus are busy saying don't buy from the little guy. Think about that for a second. Of, course this is what is needed to keep the prices high for them. The other funny statement was the only sell to people they choose to sell too. HMMMMMM. I would love to see some proof of that. Unless "anyone with cash" is that limited group.

Later,
Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!