Good Guy Outback Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
MDC_Ophiuchus
Outback Reptiles

I just ordered a pair of albino African house snakes from Outback Reptiles, and everything went pretty good.

After seeing the ad on KS Monday night, I immediately sent them an email, even though I did acknowledge that phone calls take priority (can't hurt to try, right? It was after their business hrs anyway).

I did call first thing the next morning, and the snakes I wanted were still available. Rolland was very pleasant and helpful on the phone, and said they would prefer to ship next week when the weather was more favorable. I paid for it over the phone and said it was fine.

I had previously said that I could only have the snakes shipped to my workplace on either Tues or Thurs arrival. Since I was expecting them next week, I was pleasantly taken aback when Rolland gave me the tracking number last night and the snakes were arriving today. Surprise #1!

So I got the snakes this morning, and they arrived healthy and looked great. But thats not all....I was ordering a late '08 pair of snakes. Rolland told me the female was a little bigger than the rest, but when I opened the box, I was shocked. This "little" girl could have been an '07, if I didn't know any better! In any case, I was very happy to get more than I bargained for. Surprise #2!!!

SO anyway, before I even called Outback Reptiles, I did a quick search here on the BOI to see what rep they had here. After such a great experience with them, I would have to concur with the opinion of most others:

they may not respond to emails quickly, but its worth the phonecall. The animals I ordered were just as (if not more) than advertised and the transactions went very smoothly. I would not hesitate to buy from Outback Reptiles again.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
leucistic
I made a purchase or 1.1 leucistic southern pines from them late last year, and while I didn't deal with Rolland, directly, I did deal with Jeromy, who responded to my e-mails very quickly. In fact, if I remember correctly, I didn't even inquire about the snakes...Jeromy saw them on my "Wanted List" on reptilegeeks.com and went out of his way just to let me know they had some in. He sent pictures right away, and gave me a great price on them. All throughout the transaction, he was very polite and friendly, and we eventually set up a date for me to meet him to get the snakes. They're only about two hours north of me, so it was really convenient, for both of us and the snakes, not having to ship them. When I arrived, he showed me the plump, healthy snakes, who looked even better in person, and we completed the transaction. I would never hesitate to do business with them again, and in fact, I'm waiting for Jeromy to let me know if they get any black pines in.

All in all, the guys at Outback Reptiles are GREAT GUYS, especially Jeromy, and you shouldn't hesitate to do business with them if given the chance.

Glad you had a good experience too, Mike! I'd love to see pictures of the houses!

Ayla Barr

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!