Outback Reptiles Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
Rick Jameson
Question Outback Reptiles Inquiry

I first saw Outback Reptiles at MARS, quite a display I must say, then again the weekend before last at White Plains. He has some killer stuff and great prices. What really caught my eye though was something he had that had been advertised by Logan Enterprises a couple of weeks earlier. So I decided to do a little checking around at the show and some phone calls later this is what I have been able to come up with.

Outback has a great reputation with everyone and has been around a long time. They have no internet dealings at all, even their website has nothing but "under construction." Logan Enterprises has nothing to do with shows but is all over the internet. I would say his reputation is all over the place from great to deal with to some very strange unsatisfactory deals.

What I have found out, rumors mostly, is that Logan Enterprises is mostly the internet outlet for Outback Reptiles. The imported stuff they sell is Outback Reptiles stuff. They have their own stuff they produce, which is easy to figure out on their website, but most of what they post for sale on KS adds are Outback's. The most interesting thing is the prices seem to be the same on the things I've noticed whether on the internet or at the shows.

What I want to know is there any additional information to this that anyone can add? If this is all true does this make Outback have the same reputation as Logan Enterprises or vice-versa? I ask because with the associated reputations, there have been animals I have seen either internet advertised or at shows that I would be interested in. Please help me figure this out.

Rick Jameson

Old 11-12-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
Tim Rash
As far as I know Ian and David are just friends not partner's. I have never heard one thing bad about Outback reptiles. I have bought from them and I have bought from Logan's with no problems.
Thanks, Tim Rash

Old 11-12-2003, 09:09 PM   #3
Rainbowboaman
Rick,
I've had numerous deals with Ian & was happy with everyone of them. Are you planning on buying from Ian if so what? if not what was the reason for this thread?

Old 11-14-2003, 10:35 AM   #4
Dianne Johnson
I've been very pleased with the animals I've gotten from Ian and wouldn't hesitate to pick up more from him. He's a top-notch guy with great animals.

Dianne Johnson

Old 12-02-2003, 11:42 PM   #5
wyblep
outback reptiles

I have dealt with Ian a couple of times he is a great guy with some great deals it was always a good transaction
Paul

Old 06-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
everythingboa
Post removed due to violation of the full name rule - specifically, using a fictitious name
hhmoore

Old 06-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
E2MacPets
We have had repeated bad luck with purchases from Outback Reptiles. Could happen buying from anywhere that does high volume sales of imports, though. However I must say that Ian is a complete gentleman and his handling of our transactions would keep us going back to them if we saw something we liked.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingboa View Post
I have had a vey negative experience dealing with outback reptiles i went to speak with Ian personally and didnt get the time of day. I recieved a very sick animal from him and got the run around I would advise anyone not to purchase animals from vendors that deal with alot of import/ export NO GOOD!!
Well if Ian didnt give you the time of day then you probably went to him with an attitude or a chip on your shoulder .
I have delt with Ian a few times and known him for alot longer (from shows ) and he is 1 of the most down to earth people i have had the chance to speak with . he gets wound up from shows because of the amount of reptiles he moves in a single day . I bought an imported gravid from him a while back and here she absorbed the eggs and i went to him about it and he made it very clear he would do right by me , and when buying a gravid theres no guarantee that kind of thing wont happen and it wasnt officially his responsibility to make it up to me and i knew that going into it but none the less he said he would take care of me and he did .
he can seem a bit rough but hes 1 of the best guys i have delt with ..He has even bought stuff from me and it never been a bad dealing .

Old 06-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingboa View Post
I have had a vey negative experience dealing with outback reptiles i went to speak with Ian personally and didnt get the time of day. I recieved a very sick animal from him and got the run around I would advise anyone not to purchase animals from vendors that deal with alot of import/ export NO GOOD!!
My inclination is to just ban you, and remove your post...but, I'll give you the option of contacting me to show that your name is really Ben Dover. The clock is ticking, "Mr Dover"

Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
JoeEllisReptiles
Outback Reptiles

I have bought many thousands of dollars worth of animals from Ian. Some of the animals were for my personal collection and others were for my shop. I always get great prices and even better animals.

Joe Ellis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!