Bad Guy Beware of Anemotor (Zared Hall) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
btmansfi
Beware of Anemotor (Zared Hall)

Zared has a female ETB listed here (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=582580).

I would caution anyone interested in this snake. I purchased a male ETB from Zared about a month and a half ago. Before purchasing I asked him about it being captive bred, feeding habits, etc. He specifically told me "he ate a small live rat 5 days ago". He also said "the girl I got him from a while back told me captive". So I assume I am buying a CB ETB that is eating f/t rodents.

Well, I received the snake and it was very, very sickly looking. It had little black marks, not mites, all over it. It was also very lethargic. I emailed Zared and it took a week to hear back from him. In the meantime I let the snake acclimate and I attempted feeding him. He would not take f/t or live. When Zared replied he said "it must have been a month and a half since he are last" which contradicts what he told me prior to buying the snake. He specifically said it had eaten 5 days prior. I called that out and his reply was "I failed too mention that he and my female threw up the rats I fed them last".

So point being...I wouldn't trust everything he says. Clearly his listing says she "eats like a champ" but he told me she regurged her last meal.

Buyer beware.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
btmansfi
Here are snippits of the convo...he first says he's had it a while, it's captive bred, and it eats f/t with the last meal being 5 days ago. As I question further he's only had the snake a short while, it ate over a month ago, and it threw up that meal. Amazing!

Quote:
The girl I got him from a while back told me captive, that would explain why he's so tame

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 12:24 PM, btmansfi @ FaunaClassifieds
<btmansfield@gmail.com> wrote:
This is a message from btmansfi at FaunaClassifieds ( http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php ). The FaunaClassifieds owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email btmansfi, you can use this online form:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ember&u=155332

OR, by email:
mailto:btmansfield@gmail.com

This is the message:

Is it captive bred or wild caught?
Quote:
I feed him.every 2 weeks , he ate a small live rat 5 Days ago and a f/t one previously , I don't know how old he is, my female is 4 years old and larger than him, I've never weighed either one.

And the shipping works perfectly. Invoice will be sent soon

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Brian Mansfield
Do you know how old he is? And do you have a weight on him? How often are you feeding him and what are you feeding him (and is it live or f/t)?

I'm going to be off work on Friday, so can you ship him Thursday for Friday delivery?

If you wouldn't mind, send me a PayPal request for the $250 to this email address and I'll pay you when I get home from work.

Brian
Quote:
Hey sorry, I found your message in my spam folder, and he's had bigger marks like that when I got him. He was actually shedding in the shipment when I got him, my female had something like that but it was huge on her neck, whatever it is I cleared it. And it must have been a month and a half since he ate last

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Brian Mansfield
Got him around 11:00. I'll let you know how he does. When did you feed him last?

I didn't notice it in the pictures but he's got several black areas along his spine. They almost look like either burns or bites from a mouse/rat. Any idea what those are from?

Brian
Quote:
I failed to mention that he and my female threw up the rats I fed them last , so I just go back to when they previously ate, I haven't had him long, when I told you I got him while he was shedding so the person before me didn't threat him so well they boxed him up while in shed. , but he lived with my female and ate when she ate, I watched them both strike and kill and eat hamsters. My female has eaten since she threw up , she hasn't missed a beat. The male had been shipped twice within a few months, I'm no expert but I think that might have bothered him a little?

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Brian Mansfield
Here you go...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: May 23, 2016 at 3:11:44 PM EDT
To: Brian Mansfield <btmansfield@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re:
Reply-To: "anemotoroak@yahoo.com" <anemotoroak@yahoo.com>

I feed him.every 2 weeks , he ate a small live rat 5 Days ago and a f/t one previously , I don't know how old he is, my female is 4 years old and larger than him, I've never weighed either one.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #3
bcr229
You got him on 5/27. Have you taken the snake to a vet yet to see if there's something wrong like parasites? Considering how often in recent months he's been shipped/flipped, never mind no QT since he was in close contact with the female, he's definitely due for one.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
Anemotor
Doesn't look like he has a response to that.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:56 AM   #5
btmansfi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemotor View Post
He will be going to the vet this weekend.

But honestly, why would you care? You're a liar. You told me he ate 5 days ago. Then after I received him and he wouldn't eat you said it had been a month. Then when I called you out on that lie you said he actually did eat but he threw it up.

There is no reasoning with you. You're like Hillary Clinton. You lie so much you honestly believe it's true.

Good luck selling your female that you are also lying about. Your listing says she "eats like a champ". But if you read an email that you sent me above you also said she threw up a meal as well.

Anyone that keeps ETBs knows regurging is a serious problem. Yet you seem to think it's a normal occurance.

Again, good look trying to pull one over on an unsuspecting buyer. Hopefully they read this first. You've still yet to answer my question - why did you lie to me???

Old 07-13-2016, 09:00 AM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
You aren't looking like a prince in this situation, Zared, so you might want to reconsider the smug remarks.
You should definitely think twice about making posts like you did in your ad, or you won't last long here - regardless of how good you think your feedback is. (In case you forgot, you're new here; and you don't have any...other than this thread)

Old 07-13-2016, 09:05 AM   #7
Anemotor
How about someone who actually knows how to care for his snake, she's eaten just fine twice since that one and only time.
Serious problem? She seems perfectly fine to me and always has. And anemotor5oak. On ebay,
Obviously sometimes information is lost or switch up in my head, I couldn't even remember my eBay name... I didn't lie sir.
I messed up information ad I did my eBay name, 5 Days before you showed interest in him, he did eat. AND I CAN'T SELL REPTILES ON EBAY, OBVIOUSLY I SAID OTHER CRITTERS.
Either you stop your bitching " I assume you're a grown man"
Or send my poor snake back to me, more shipping stress for him. But at least he'll get some care. I care for my critters with my heart. They're. You friends,not some captive animal I keep.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #8
btmansfi
See again, you're misleading. You're telling everyone here that he ate 5 days before you shipped him. But he threw up that meal!! You conveniently left that part out.

I don't care or want to know how good you are at caring for your animals. That has nothing to do with my issues with you. I can deal with a sick snake. Stuff happens, and eventually you're going to have a snake that gives you problems. I get that. What I can't deal with is a blatantly dishonest person, which you've proven to be. I think you knew the snake was sick and thought you were going to pass it off on someone else. Why else would you lie about something so trivial as to when he last ate? And then withhold the fact that he threw up, not telling me about it until I called you out on a lie?

Also if you knew how to care for snakes you wouldn't ship an ETB, fragile even when healthy, 5 days after it threw up. And not tell the prospective buyer about it. Yet you somehow care about your animals? If you cared for them as much as you say you do you would never put them in that position. You also wouldn't feed them hamsters. You also wouldn't be playing with them as the eat.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #9
Fangthane
Quote:
They're. You friends,not some captive animal I keep.
No, they're not friends; captive animals are exactly what they are - exactly how they should be treated. If you're doing stupid things like "petting" them while they're eating, I don't think you're taking your responsibilities for their safe keeping very seriously. You come off as one of the buffoons who are apt to say things like, "my snakes love being held." You're not really coming across as:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemotor
someone who actually knows how to care for his snake
Your choice to leave out crucial information, like recent regurgitation, isn't doing your "business" or customers any favors, either. Maybe you're not knowledgeable enough to realize how big of a deal that is; maybe you're just very shady. Either way, neither possibility presents you in an even remotely flattering light.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #10
hhmoore
btmansfi,
Did you purchase this snake sight unseen?
If you were sent pictures, were they accurate in representing the animal you received?
Please post a photo or two that show the black spots you mentioned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!