Heads up on Daytona Beach Hilton - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #11
Ginger Ambrose
I chose other arrangements as well, my thoughts are the more I save
on room & board, the more I can spend on snakes.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
alfon76
I actually noticed the exact same things all you guys have mentioned here. I am scheduled to check in tomorrow since I am taking my vacation to tie up with the show, and received the "warning" letter yesterday (August 12). Talking to some of my friends that are going, some have not even received their letter yet because they are scheduled to check in Thursday or Friday. I am sure Mr. Hill knew fully of this new policy and simply didn't do a thing about it or maybe, just maybe, couldn't do anything about it. Fortunately for me, I am not a seller and this year I am not going as a buyer either but the rest of the people do fall into one of those categories and this policy is simply BS.

The only way to at least take a stance is to ask for a full refund regardless of their refund policy because they were completely sneaky in their "rules" to make sure we can't cancel now. If they want my money, they will have to allow animals. There is no way I am going to be turned away from the hotel because I have a box of crickets or something. That's simply stupid.

Ivan

Old 08-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
homegrownherps
The hotel had this rule in place year too. I cant believe you are all surprised about this. We arrived there last year on Thursday to get our vendor badges early and the hotel people were turning guests away because they had reptiles that were clearly visible in their containers.

We stood there as they did this and they explained to them that the hotel was no longer allowing the reptiles into the hotel.

It only stands to believe that they will be very strict about it this year.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #14
alfon76
Precisely what makes it surprising is the fact that, if they had it in place last year, they allowed many vendors waltz right in with truckloads of reptiles without any opposition.
This year, they decided to make it extra strict and in writing right before the show so that nobody can cancle the reservation and move to another hotel without loosing money. It was premeditated plan no doubt and what amazs me even more is that Mr. Hill allowed this. If the rule was in place last year, why is it that this year they are going out of their way to provide "climate controlled" areas to store the reptiles? All BS for sure. But at this point all we can do is bend over and take it because both the show organizer/owner and the hotel managed to be very sneaky about it and suceeded.

Ivan

Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #15
DISCERN
I agree....

The timing could not be more manipulative. I know of two people that have canceled and moved on to another hotel.

Billy Fraser

Old 08-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
Lloyd Heilbrunn
The DO NOT DISTURB sign is your friend....

Old 08-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #17
homegrownherps
I defiantly agree their methods are underhanded w/o doubt !
I am glad we no longer use that hotel.

I guess the DO NOT DISTURB sign would work, IF you were able to sneak your animals in.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #18
RangerGrrl
My husband and I were excited to finally stay at the "official Expo hotel" this year, as in the past we were not guaranteed to go and we got other hotels that we could find vacancies in closer to the show. If I had heard about this earlier I probably would have changed my reservation..... I HAD been planning to bring a couple baby cresteds (to trade) and my friend who is staying with us has been waiting all year to pick up a pair of blonde phase hoggies...... This screws up our plans big-time. I do not apreciate the timing either.

I will be sure to let the hotel management know that NEXT year they will not be seeing any of my money, and I suggest anyone else who is upset do the same thing..... Negative feedback to higher-ups works. It just takes numbers.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #19
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGrrl
My husband and I were excited to finally stay at the "official Expo hotel" this year, as in the past we were not guaranteed to go and we got other hotels that we could find vacancies in closer to the show. If I had heard about this earlier I probably would have changed my reservation..... I HAD been planning to bring a couple baby cresteds (to trade) and my friend who is staying with us has been waiting all year to pick up a pair of blonde phase hoggies...... This screws up our plans big-time. I do not apreciate the timing either.

I will be sure to let the hotel management know that NEXT year they will not be seeing any of my money, and I suggest anyone else who is upset do the same thing..... Negative feedback to higher-ups works. It just takes numbers.

It really sucks for some people to have this happen.
I bet you could "sneak" a few things in. But the vendors who bring there animals in until set up time really have the biggest problem.

You should (and everyone else) should voice their complaints w/ the promoter as well. I am sure this was no surprise to him

Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #20
Amspoet67
We are here in Daytona, we were at the Hilton tonight getting our vendor packets. We noticed that the Hilton was allowing people to bring in animals, as long as they were in a container that was not see through. We also saw some vendors covering their animals with a blanket, so the other guests would not see what was being brought in.

We believe if vendors and customers are discreet, there should be no problems.

Jim and Anna
HomeGrownHerps

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!