Daytona Pics (Dial-up Warning) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
Ginger Ambrose
Wow !

I was there, it was fantastic !
I got to meet Laura F. and Michael (Junkyard) and Dennis. It was so crowded that we did not get to interact much though
We must have walked 7 hours all told. It was just awesome.
West, actually made it through .......kind of. After 7 hours of constant walking
and stopping to look and not buying "him his new snake" he got a bit cranky.
Hey, we were just looking for the best deal. He did not appreciate this at all.
For those of you that were there West, was the kid on the bright green and yellow leash, attached to his shorts.
We did encounter several vendors that assumed that West, was too young to
properly handle certain breeds (BOAS).
West, took it all in stride, until he got tired of waiting.
It was a great show and I am already making plans to attend next year.
My 17 yr old daughter Kati-An, who was not a snake person, now seems
to have picked up some interest. She really has fallen for one of the females I picked up.
I will post pics of my new "babies" soon, but I forgot to take my camera on the trip with me ! I can not believe I forgot it. Well there is always next year.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #12
Chameleon Company
Don't know how many folks ended up in pictures, but I wanted to extend a thank you to Kevin Murphy and his wife, who made the trip from Maine. They came up and introduced themselves and we had a nice talk earlier today at one of the chameleon booths I was working. Kudos to Laura and Mike Shelton and others for also making the long trip out from CA. Dennis from AZ, although we didn't meet ....... and Pam Reid and a couple others for making the trip from WA (state, that is), Tyler Stewart from Vegas, etc. etc. All the Florida folks of course. Weather was great, and it seems more money was spent than last year! Lots of happy vendors ...... see you next year !

Old 08-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #13
hbreen
We all had a great time as well. My 7-year old Xander was also impatient to buy his new baby - he had been saving his money for a long time (a month or so - a long time for a young'un!), but was upset that his $30 wasn't going to get him much in the way of a new female ball. Luckily we found one at the silent auction that we got for $35, so we are a 1/7th owner in a female ball with our son!
It was a lot bigger than we anticipated as well, but it was a lot of fun! Did anyone else see the ball at BHB that was priced at a measly $350,000? WOW!

Old 08-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #14
varnyard
It was 100% awesome, no doubt about it. Everyone was friendly for the most part. It was better than any vacation I have ever had!!

You guys already know I bought some more tegus....
I came home with a adult female and 17 babies. I had the pleasure of meeting Bert Langerwerf, a long time wish!! As well as Rich!!

I also had the pleasure of meeting many Fauna members, everyone of them are now considered new friends for sure!! Even Dennis, though he did put my mug shots here.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #15
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvchondros
Any surprises?
Oh yeah I had a terrific surprise, my flight home was nearly cancelled and my lugage is lost some where in air travel land!! LMAO!! Other than that I had the best time I've had in years, I laughed until I cried for most of the weekend, Rich squirted me with his spray bottle and I received 9 new snakes shipped to my home courtesy of Varnyard

Oh BTW..Rich, what do corn snakes eat?? Buahahahahahahaha..the poor man, I had to torture him just a little before introducing myself!

Old 08-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #16
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Oh yeah I had a terrific surprise, my flight home was nearly cancelled and my lugage is lost some where in air travel land!! LMAO!! Other than that I had the best time I've had in years, I laughed until I cried for most of the weekend, Rich squirted me with his spray bottle and I received 9 new snakes shipped to my home courtesy of Varnyard

Oh BTW..Rich, what do corn snakes eat?? Buahahahahahahaha..the poor man, I had to torture him just a little before introducing myself!

Well... Did the shirt fit

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!