RDR/CLARK/??? Confrontation - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
RJBILBY
RDR/CLARK/??? Confrontation

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1144828,1145114
Did anyone else see the skirmish between Ralph Davis, Bob Clark and a third party, discusssed in the link above?

Old 08-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
Junkyard
I only heard about the incident, I did not fully attend the ball python symposium where is occurred. (No offense to BP breeders, but when I walked in and the slide came up reading "Why to invest in ball pythons" I had to leave.) I do not know who started the scuffle and all my information is second hand, I was told Ralph made a fool out of himself.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
Chameleon Company
Wasn't the only altercation. These shows inevitably bring together folks who were at adversarial ends of deals gone "not as expected", or just plain bad. At least one of the Friday night participants had a few adult beverages under his belt, and a beer bottle in one hand as things began. So it goes. The Saturday altercation did not involve alcohol, just a debt. Y'all got to come to Daytona! "The Contender's" got nothing on the Expo !

Old 08-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
christopher66
I helped man a booth at the '93 Expo in Orlando.
It was pretty laid back if my memory serves.
Gosh things have changed since then.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
Junkyard
There was also a another confrontation during the show, a vendor owed money to a man and refused to pay up, so the man removed the vendor's glasses and gave him a few knuckles to think about the consequences of ripping people off.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
Chameleon Company
Chris,
Things have changed or sure, but all-in-all, much for the better. I was at the '93 show as well, and most since then. The continued sophistication of the industry (despite the fisticuffs) is on display. The seminars and auctions and other opportunities to rub elbows ... and throw punches .... are terrific. Many Fauna members were there from every corner of the country (I spoke to members from CA, WA, and Maine ... and I'm Florida !), and despite our verbal feuding here, I think we only bought drinks for one another there ! The Daytona Expo is the crown of the industry. Much to be proud of about it.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #7
Chameleon Company
Things have changed "for sure" ........ I'm really not an idiot ....

Old 08-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Chris,
Things have changed or sure, but all-in-all, much for the better. I was at the '93 show as well, and most since then. The continued sophistication of the industry (despite the fisticuffs) is on display. The seminars and auctions and other opportunities to rub elbows ... and throw punches .... are terrific. Many Fauna members were there from every corner of the country (I spoke to members from CA, WA, and Maine ... and I'm Florida !), and despite our verbal feuding here, I think we only bought drinks for one another there ! The Daytona Expo is the crown of the industry. Much to be proud of about it.
Next year for sure ,i spent too much money leading up to it on animals over the web . So i thought i better stay home for fear of a significant change in "'OUR " checking account status.
I'm going to shoot for Chicago.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #9
christopher66
oh...i spent 20 years living and working in the sunshine state too.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #10
Chameleon Company
And I graduated from William and Mary down in the Tidewater.

Mike S., weren't we standing with Laura F. as the Friday night altercation was in its infancy ? Or was I with Bobby ? Can't remember !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!