Amir - good guy - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:02 AM   #21
gant77
Amir is a good guy, why would you say this unless you had solid proof? I hope you are not trying to say Amir is a bad guy...

Old 10-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #22
The BoidSmith
Amir himself openly will tell you he is not producing every snake he has for sale. What I don’t know is who he is buying them from. One way or the other it’s none of my business, unless of course I need to know the bloodlines because personal preference. Amir has earned a name among ball python breeders, no doubt about it. All he is doing is outsourcing, and when doing so he has to make sure that the animals he sells are top notch if he wants to maintain his reputation. Are we supporting MKR or someone else when purchasing from Amir? I don’t know. Maybe also Rodentpro or in turn Mazuri rodent’s diets…where does it end? All I know is Amir has good quality animals.

Thanks.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #23
jnjreptile

Well said Dan, Amir is one of the best. No matter where his animals come they are always top quality, and very reasonably priced.

J&J REPTILES

Old 10-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #24
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Amir himself openly will tell you he is not producing every snake he has for sale. What I don’t know is who he is buying them from. One way or the other it’s none of my business, unless of course I need to know the bloodlines because personal preference. Amir has earned a name among ball python breeders, no doubt about it. All he is doing is outsourcing, and when doing so he has to make sure that the animals he sells are top notch if he wants to maintain his reputation. Are we supporting MKR or someone else when purchasing from Amir? I don’t know. Maybe also Rodentpro or in turn Mazuri rodent’s diets…where does it end? All I know is Amir has good quality animals.

Thanks.
Always a voice of reason, Dan. Thanks

Please let us not all pile on guys who may do business with people who may do business with people whom some people do not like. Especially when it may be based on hearsay.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #25
dmasio
By no means am I saying Amir is not a good guy, I have heard nothing but good things about him. But it is not like saying Im supporting Rodent Pro because he uses them to feed his animals, that is stretching it a bit. What I am saying is that it is coming nothing against him personally, just ask him where he aquired his animals seeing how MKR has damaged themselves in alot of peoples eyes with the whole "I'm going to put all other breeders out of business" that I heard at Daytona I would prefer not to purchase anything that he is second hand peddling for them. Like I said once again it is not an attack on Amir himself Im sure he is making a pretty penny moving their animals and he himself produces nothing but the best I would say just look a little deeper than what you see on the surface. Yes its hearsay but I cannot reveal who said it because one of the 2 are in 99% of herpers eyes is one of the biggest breeders in snakes (not just BP's alone) and am not looking to start a conflict just wanting to open peoples eyes.
Thanks

Damian Macioce

Old 10-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #26
Powderfinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasio
Yes its hearsay but I cannot reveal who said it because one of the 2 are in 99% of herpers eyes is one of the biggest breeders in snakes (not just BP's alone) and am not looking to start a conflict just wanting to open peoples eyes.

Sounds to me like you are trying to cause conflict.

If your "big breeder" buddies want to speak up, let THEM do it...

Old 10-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #27
bcherps
Amir is a businessman like several people on here. The simple fact is that if Amir wants "x" snake and MKR has it for cheaper than anyone else has it then he will buy it from them. If I have it cheaper than MKR then Amir will buy it from me.

Amir has several of his own retail shops, and 100's of buyers that are needing animals. Amir buys from way more people than Morph King. And guess what, I am sick of hearing people complain about MKR. If they hadn't dropped the price the massive wave of homebreeders that is about to crash down was going to do it anyhow. MKR didn't blow out albinos but they still went from 2k to 900 this year.

This is a good guy post for Amir, and you have said you have no issues with Amir-they why bring up the topic of where he procures a small fraction his animals. Some fraction of the herp public hates importers, jobbers, unlicensed homebreeders, Lacey Act violators, mass producers, etc etc etc. But guess what if you are in the herp industry as a wholesaler and retailer you deal with these people everyday. But you didn't bring up any of these-just MKR-if you have a problem with MKR, take it to the MKR post.

Leave this an AMIR-good guy post.

Ben Cole

Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #28
MuzeBallPythons
New contact info

Just an update:

He has several stores in Florida, but is no longer the owner of Snakes at Sunset. I contacted him through Kenny at Snakes at the Lakes in Miami Lakes, FL. (phone # is 305-824-9722).

I purchased a beautiful Yellow Belly pair, ready to breed this season at a great price. All of the snakes, and other reptiles kept at the store appear healthy, and the customer service is great.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!