Bad Guy Rodent Pro, Worst Customer Service! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #1
Great Lakes Snakes
Thumbs down Rodent Pro, Worst Customer Service!

I have heard many things about Rodent Pro -- both a mix of good and bad, although I decided to take a chance on them considering they were a popular choice. That being said, I will never be purchasing from them again for any of my feeder needs and advise others to do the same.

On June 5th, I placed an order for 100 small mouse pinkies and 200 large mouse pinkies. After placing the order, I realized I had forgotten to add 20 medium rats, and within an hour of placing my order I sent them an email asking if they could add the rats to my order so I could avoid additional shipping charges.

No response.

Before I continue, to those who aren't aware, their shipping policy is quite simple. Orders placed before 3pm CT Monday - Wednesday will be shipped the same day. Orders placed after 3pm CT Monday - Wednesday will ship the next day. Orders placed after 3pm CT Thursday - Sunday ship the next Monday.

Knowing my next feeding day was going to be the 12th, I planned to receive the shipment before then.

I placed my order on Wednesday, June 5th at 8:39pm EST (7:39pm CT) assuming it would ship Thursday. Well, Thursday the 6th comes around. No update on my order status, no shipping confirmation via email, nothing -- and I still haven't heard back about adding the rats to my order by the end of the day on the 6th. Since I knew they didn't ship Friday - Sunday, I figured I would contact them at the beginning of this week. Monday the 10th comes and goes. No response to any of my emails, both regarding my shipment status and the additional rats.

It is now Tuesday the 11th and I have heard nothing. No call or email. I sent them yet ANOTHER email (which wasn't too kind) and if I do not hear back from them by noon tomorrow I am filing a claim with my credit card company, considering the shipment has yet to update and they managed to salvage $122 from me.

I've only purchased from Rodent Pro two other times with no issues, but that being said, I never needed to establish contact with them before. It is clear that they could care less about their customers. I now have to order elsewhere, which is unfortunate considering the shipment won't be here until after my planned feeding day, throwing my entire schedule off.

Avoid Rodent Pro, unless you want inconsistent, untrustworthy shipping dates and lack of communication from the supplier.

**It is worth noting that I triple-checked that my contact information was correct and up-to-date. I could forgive them neglecting to add the rats to my order, but to blatantly ignore me while having my cash in their hands and no update on my order status that was supposed to ship 5 days ago is beyond ridiculous for such a massive supplier. I am very disappointed and will never be purchasing from them again and will share my experience with as many people as I can.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
sschind
According to their shipping policy your order placed on the 5th would be shipped sometime the week of the 10th. Its the live food that has the same day shipping.

Frozen Food orders placed by Sunday at 11:59 PM CT will ship the following week. Live Food orders placed by 3:00 PM CT on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will ship the same day, Live Food orders placed after 3:00 PM CT on Thursday thru Sunday will ship on Monday

Although in reading that it could be interpreted as meaning orders placed by Sunday at 11:59 PM won't be shipped until the next week. I guess it depends on what they mean by "the following week" to me it means the week after which would mean your order won't ship until the week of the 17th. It is not very clear.

That does not excuse the lack of response to your adding the rats.

Looks like they have changed their shipping policy since the last time I had an order shipped. My last order I picked up at a show.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #3
sschind
Cant edit my post but it seems I got hung up on the Sunday part of their policy. I do think your order placed on the 5th would be shipped the week of the 10th since that would be the week following the week in which you placed your order. While Sunday technically starts a new week and the following week would be the week of the 17th It would appear that they start their week on Monday

Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 AM   #4
LauraB
Have you tried calling them?

I also interpret their policy as meaning your order placed Wednesday the 5th, would ship this week.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:59 AM   #5
g.spencer
I’ve had a hiccup once, only once and have used their services for years and it’s been stellar. The one and only hiccup that did occur was on the shipping carrier (fed ex) and rodent pro made good on it immediately. I would def suggest calling. Or even chalk it up to a life lesson. You placed an order online and tried to add to it, not the smoothest of ways to try to do it. Learned a lesson, move on.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
Liveforthis
I like rodent pro.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #7
Guy Castro
Never heard of them shipping same day. I would never wait until the last minute on frozen orders,that would be irresponsible of me. I think my orders completely through before placing my order, and have had zero issues to date with them.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #8
JimM
I've been using them for about twenty years and never had an issue. Customer service was great either online or over the phone.

Only thing for me that is the same with most rodent suppliers these days is the size of the animals. I go way back in this stuff and 'back in the day' a medium rat fed twice a week would be the most you would ever feed an adult pinesnake .

Now three medium rats as one meal is hardly noticeable in the snake. But again, thats with all rodent suppliers not just RP.

One thing to note for chondro keepers/breeders is that Rodent Pro has several sizes of hairless mice always available.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #9
Black Adder
Sorry but you really do have your information confused.

Frozen food orders placed with them Mon to Wed will ship "sometime" early the following week.
Orders placed after Wed, say Thu to Sun are going to ship not the following week but the week after that.

Yes it is vague and there is no exact timeline but never has been and I have been their customer for around 12 years.

Just as an example from my last order.

Ordered on Mon evening, email Tues saying order received.
Email Following Mon saying my order had shipped, email Tues saying it was in transit and expected to arrive Wed. Wed it did indeed arrive.
So full timeline from initial order to receiving the order was 9 days.
And that was probably 1 day quicker than normal, usually i get my order on the Thu of the following week from order ( if I ordered between Mon to Wed ).

Second part customer service.

I have found their email response can be sporadic at best so never waste time there I just call them which garners instant response.
I too have forgotten to add an item to an order and have called to have it included and always has been with just cost of the additional goods.

Twice I have also been missing an item and their response has always been as expected, a credit for missing goods.

No they are not the best in the world but their prices for bulk buying when you have a LOT of hungry scalies to feed are near impossible to beat.

In all the time I have been buying their timeline guidelines as I noted above have been consistent.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #10
mbeach
Sorry that happened to you but CALL them. I never order online. CALL them and talk to them. They have always been very polite and good for me. I've always gotten what I want and on time. IMO good customer service.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
mice, rats, rodent, rodent pro