Change to mobile device appearance/format? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:58 AM   #11
nickolasanastasiou
Thanks for confirming I was not the only person seeing the change and why, all.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #12
WebSlave
Please bear in mind that other changes are in the works. For instance, I likely will be changing the way Google ads appear on the site. This may or may not be burdensome to some viewers, as a lot of this stuff is just "let's try it and see if it works better". Of course, "better" is subjective. It may be that more aggressive and intrusive ads are "better" from a financial aspect for this site, and maybe not so much for the general viewership. I know I have gone to sites where the ads were so overpowering and a pain in the butt enough that I don't go there as much as I would otherwise. But maybe I'm just an old crotchety SOB more so than most other people these days. To be honest, when I go to a site that is obviously geared to the mobile generation, I'm not real keen on going back to those sites neither.

So we will see. I will be watching the feedback from you all about the changes and make decisions accordingly.

Old 01-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #13
AppEcto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfen View Post
While I'm sure over time I would get used to the mobile view and find some benefits, the fact that I have to click on every image to view it will always stop me from using the mobile version.
Ditto

Old 01-30-2020, 10:38 AM   #14
WebSlave
My guess is that those viewers only paying for a limited data service for their cell phones might appreciate it, however. Viewing images can chew through your data allocation pretty quickly.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:29 PM   #15
DLenaRuth999s
Being able to easily switch to desktop view at the bottom of the page works for me. I don't care for the other version at all. I like to see all the information associated with a listing immediately. All the extra link-clicking and waiting is too annoying.

Old 01-31-2020, 07:26 AM   #16
MidnightRoseExotics
I am not a fan of the mobile format so far to be honest. Having to click into photos is a pain, especially depending on your connection. Not being able to see the columns is a pain when an add is labeled with just a morph that could apply to anything from boas, to pythons, to colubrids. So having to click into an ad just to see what species they're talking about is aggravating (I am always using the What's New feature, so not in a particular species sub thread).
The only gripe I had with the classic format was that I couldn't search when on mobile. Everytime I'd try to pull up the keyboard to search it would disappear. Otherwise, I really preferred the original version.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:51 AM   #17
Kfen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightRoseExotics View Post
The only gripe I had with the classic format was that I couldn't search when on mobile. Everytime I'd try to pull up the keyboard to search it would disappear. Otherwise, I really preferred the original version.
I had that problem too. The way around it is to type your search terms into something else, copy it, and then you are able to paste it into the search field without bringing up the keyboard.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:00 AM   #18
WebSlave
Feedback on the changes that have been made to the site recently? Modifications were put into place to try to make it more mobile friendly here (which I believe people were asking for), and there were also so changes made concerning how the Google Adsense ads are distributed and displayed. The Google Adsense changes were made to try to make up the shortfall from decreased traffic, paid memberships, sponsorships, etc. over the last few years.

Honestly, since I only use a desktop for my internet access, I am not going to see much, if any changes myself. So I am really not seeing any changes at all myself in order to be able to critique what you guys may be seeing. So I would appreciate any feedback that you guys have to share so I can figure out if we are going in the right (or better) direction or not.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #19
rbichlerbob
I’m really dissatisfied with Fauna Classifieds since you started to post so many advertisements. Also hard to scroll through the reptile classifieds. To many adds.
> I hope You will return Fauna Classifieds back to what it once was.
> It went from a B+ site, to a D- site. I feel you will loose clients if you don’t change something.
> Hope you take my thought into consideration.
> Best Regards; Robert Bichler

Old 02-10-2020, 01:34 AM   #20
WebSlave
Well, I have to see feedback before I would consider asking my programmer to roll back the work he did for me. If there is not a lot of dissatisfaction with the changes, my inclination would be to let it ride as it is to see how things go after folks get used to the change.

As I mentioned before, I don't see any changes myself on my desktop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!