Info Truth Behind Carolina Reptiles/ NCREPTILES - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Carolina Reptiles
Unfortunately my wife is now doing to me what she did to her two former husbands in their case she went to their employers with any lie she could come up with hoping to cost them their jobs. Now she is trying to ruin my reputation in the reptile world.

The break up of the business partnership she talks about was due to financial reasons and I left to go out on my own. My former business partner and I are still very good friends today.

All my animals are well taken care of well fed and kept clean. I see customers by appointment because this business is run from my home and neither of us wanted people just showing up anytime of the day or night not so that I can clean up before they come in. Many customers live close by and are there within a few minutes.

My son is not left untended. If im such a bad father why did she just leave him with me?The diaper rash was because of changing to a different brand of diapers. He had a reaction to them. And following the Dr. instructions going back to the old brand and using the cream the rash was gone in a couple of days.

I do at times not answer the phone if other things are going on at the time, but try to return the call as soon as I can. I dont screen the calls and choose who to answer. and yes I do sleep to 9 or 10 but I am usually up working until 11 or 12 or even later. How many customers have called at 11pm at night and Ive answered the phone or returned and email.

I do have an empty chicken coop but there is no rotting snakes. I have not lost half my inventory. My animals are well taken care of. I buy reptiles mostly from breeders but also buy from individuals. I wont buy or sale anything thats not healthy.

I do have 2- 8 month old pitt bulls in the shop they stay loose during the day either inside or in the yard. They are put in a large do kennel at night and if a customer is here. The rest of the time they stay loose. They are not closed in at 8pm they run loose until I go to bed.

The last time she did this she called animal control reporting abused animals. They found nothing wrong and have since be requesting my help when they have something involving a reptile.

I have saw a post on here about there being domestic violence. I have never touched her. Its embarrassing to say but there have been many police reports here where I was the one assaulted by her. The last being yesterday when I refused to press charges and have here arrested.

Im sorry that my home life has to be brought here. I hope that everyone sees this for what it is.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
Roundhouse Reptiles
I will be posting pictures and other evidence today to support my case. What pictures I have left that he did not erase from my computer that is.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
MikeCurtin
This is precisely why I asked for proof. Jan, unfortunately for you, William presents his case much more professionally and believably (at first glance anyway). Would both of you please post pictures, documents, or any other type of proof to back up your claims.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
ophidile
Well I think it's a pretty cruddy thing to tell a domestic abuse victim "it's as much your fault for not leaving!" I also know that domestic abuse is split pretty evenly between men and women being the perp. (though women are more likely to be seriously injured from domestic violence)

Normally in this situation the last thing I would do is judge someone, unfortunately (in this case) that's part of this board's function; judging if claims are true or false. Not really knowing Jan or Carolina Reptiles there's no way I can say who's telling the truth! Jan, photos and other evidence would help. Carolina Reptiles, did the Animal Control folks or even the Police give you a report? Not that the domestic situation is directly relevant, but considering she was hinting you were the abusive one, well it would call her post into more question.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #15
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
Just throwing this out there..

yes. this thread will be taken with much criticism due to the ex factor.

but, I am repeatedly reading "why now, what did you do then to help"

these are obviously people that have not dealt with abusive family members.. the majority (not all mind you) of abused (whether mentally or physically) simply can't stand up for themselves, let alone an animal.

think about it. Frequently in those situations, you aren't allowed your own voices.. So defending yourself or others would merely make your life far worse.

Just wanted to throw that out there..

I agree wholeheartedly. Abuse of any kind should be dealt with by the proper authorities.

I don't think we should have been called in to this situation---it's a bitter ex battle.

But now that the unhappy couple has asked us to get involved---Let's see some pics!

Also--I have some questions about your relationship.

1.) How many years have you been married?
2.) Has there been any loss of consortium? If so, is it because of deviant acts?
3.) Is the OP ugly?

Thank you-

Old 01-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #16
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
Well I think it's a pretty cruddy thing to tell a domestic abuse victim "it's as much your fault for not leaving!"
ABSOLUTELY!!! At the same time, nothing on the BOI can be taken at face value, especially when it involves divorce, seperation, etc. If there was abuse, nail this guy to the wall! If she's making it up to be vindictive, nail her to it in his place!

Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #17
mvite
At first glance---I'd take this lady with a grain of salt.

Wouldn't your first move after an abusive relationship be to contact the authorities? I certainly don't think that poking the beehive is going to help matters.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
72LT1
After reading through this thread and based on the posts made, I have to side with Willliam. The OP is coming off as a bitter ex, and has posted no facts to back up her accusations.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #19
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72LT1 View Post
After reading through this thread and based on the posts made, I have to side with Willliam. The OP is coming off as a bitter ex, and has posted no facts to back up her accusations.
I found the ex-wife's statements incredibly hard to believe even before William posted his own rebuttal. How does one lose over 1/2 their inventory of reptiles? I'm sure you all know how incredibly difficult it is to kill those things with neglect. I mean, remember those pictures of Big Daddy? I'm sure you've all heard those horror stories in which an animal was rescued from a situation in which it was living in a bare tank with 2 inches of feces, was fed twice a year and heated with a heat rock. If snakes can withstand that kind of abuse and make a significant recovery how can this guy be losing over half of his inventory? Short of IBD or another virulent infection, I just don't see it happening, in which case we'd be hearing the same story from his customers as well.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #20
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundhouse Reptiles View Post
I He has left his 18 month old son unattended for several hours in the living room
Just curious.

If you were there, why did you not attend to your son?
If you were not, how do you know about this?

As to the care the critters get, I'd like to hear from some of those who have bought from this seller. Are the critters fat and energetic, or listless and thin? It's hard to hide either good or bad care for long, eventually it shows up in one's stock.

I am mindful, and sympathetic, of the plight of those who are domestically abused of either gender. Should anyone ever seek relevant comments on a thread initiated elsewhere, I'd certainly add to the thread if I had anything that might be helpful.

However soft my heart is, I do not think a business forum is the venue for such discussions. It is the dirtiest of dirty laundry. But, I don't think it will get cleaner from being aired here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
carolina reptiles, ncreptiles, william davis