Bad Guy Scammed by Andrew Michael Popp Las Vegas, NV - Page 57 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #561
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
No supposedly about it, the case is still active and scheduled for 4/25.

The plaintiffs still haven't been corrected though.
If and when he shows up and/or doesn't postpone, I stand by my statement..."supposedly".

Old 04-27-2017, 07:47 AM   #562
AllisonLeigh
The court case was scheduled for the 25th from what I recall/see posted... any update?

Old 04-27-2017, 10:45 AM   #563
bcr229
https://lvjcpa.clarkcountynv.gov/Anonymous/default.aspx

Click the Civil Records link

Search on case # 17A000210
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #564
AllisonLeigh
I'm not well versed in court jargon/codes but a little googling tells me this means his court case was dismissed due to the complaint not being served within 120 days of filing? I wonder if he is continuing to persue it or if this was a 146$ scare tactic that didn't work...

Old 04-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #565
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
I'm not well versed in court jargon/codes but a little googling tells me this means his court case was dismissed due to the complaint not being served within 120 days of filing?
I think you're right, which makes sense. From post #527:
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
Also Andrew Popp has dodged the demand letters and the process servers...

Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 PM   #566
Chris Kennard
I'll be more than suprised if he posts here again. There's no benefit. He'll spout off somewhere else where people buy and accept his tall tales.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #567
calebroad
In light of the defendants ducking and avoiding service, we decided to dismiss without prejudice. We shall pursue the matter at a future time and date of our exact choosing.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:22 AM   #568
Lucille
http://www.civillawselfhelpcenter.or...aims-complaint

What if I have been unable to serve the defendant?

If you have made several failed attempts to serve your defendant, you can ask the court for permission to serve the defendant by certified mail. To obtain the court's permission, you must file a Motion for Service of Small Claims Complaint by Certified Mail. Be prepared to provide proof of all the ways the process server attempted to serve the defendant personally.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #569
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
http://www.civillawselfhelpcenter.or...aims-complaint

What if I have been unable to serve the defendant?

If you have made several failed attempts to serve your defendant, you can ask the court for permission to serve the defendant by certified mail. To obtain the court's permission, you must file a Motion for Service of Small Claims Complaint by Certified Mail. Be prepared to provide proof of all the ways the process server attempted to serve the defendant personally.
Speaking from experience as a landlord who had a few deadbeat tenants over the years, someone who is ducking service won't sign for a certified letter.

At any rate, OP still has several years to prove whether the turtles he purchased are het or not before the SOL runs out on the case. Perhaps if he files again he'll get the plaintiff correct as well.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #570
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
In light of the defendants ducking and avoiding service, we decided to dismiss without prejudice. We shall pursue the matter at a future time and date of our exact choosing.
Yeah right. YOU hired processors in Colorado to serve James D Whitt, a process server in Vegas Popp and the same.Vegas server to get Scales and Tails. Guess those pros couldn't find the bunker they're all hiding in. Or maybe their lawyers, who you spoke with, instructed them to flee the country. Do you have the paperwork from the servers?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!