Why mechanics love women! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
Mike Greathouse
Why mechanics love women!

Why mechanics love women

This is hilarious!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Wilomn
Some darn funny stuff.

I took my car to a jiffy-lube recently, just for an oil change. They tried to get me to do about 800.00 worth of work to it.

When I hemmed and hawed, like I'd EVER let them do more than change my oil, the price dropped and all of a sudden there was a discount of parts.

They try all the dang time.

Still funny though.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
gmherps
Classic!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
Schlyne
Unbelievable

Old 12-13-2006, 06:49 AM   #5
INSANE CANES
Talking

Too funny.....

Old 12-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
Bill & Amy
I love it!!! I wish we had a radio station around here doing that, I can think of a few people to setup.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 AM   #7
ZX11
As a technician, I find this funny. As a Shop manager, it is appalling. I am both, defined as a "working manager". To top it off, I am a manager of a Midas shop.

I know some shops do these scams, some thrive on over selling. I don't and will fire anyone doing such. I also have another shop, motorcycles to be exact. In neither does over selling occur. I would rather earn money for products and services the right way than lose valuable customers because they spent too much money on repairs. Note how I phrased that.

Most customers don't know they were scammed. They only know they spent too much at that shop and will seek others next time.

My theory is that if it is not of dire emergency, skip it. Make the customer know what to expect and always SHOW the customer what is wrong, not just tell them. I also show them the part{s} removed and replaced and offer to give the parts to the customer. This builds customer confidence and customer base.

If a part, or parts, are required, I show the customer what and explain why, how much and options at the customers' disposal. Let them decide from there, without pressure.

Sadly, not all repair facilities agree with theory. But, it has kept me employed all my life.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #8
Ginger Ambrose
Okay, this should be a lesson to all FATHERS of girls.
Make sure your daughters are well informed. Have them out there when you change the oil, or change a flat. Teach them just as you would a son.
I am one of three girls, we learned to do our own maint. not only so we could be independent, but our Parents were "thrifty".
It has served me well over the years. It is hard to scam the informed.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
That was just TOOOO damn funny for words.

Thanks Mike. Needed that
Rick

Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 PM   #10
trapieter
I was in shock as soon as they said the halogen fluid and my eyes popped on changing the tires over!!! that was fantastic, relieved to find it was a show... thoght it may have ended with daddy lol.

True though girls should get to know about their cars, we all did and I haven't even passed my test lol but whilst I was learning I had to know (had a poo car)
thanks for cheering me up

jojo xx

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!