Rember this Lil leo? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #1
Bringerofdoom
Rember this Lil leo?

It's not so little no more this lil porker GREW quickly. Born on 10/07/04, i got it and weighed it on 11/27/04. IT was 9.5 grams then, Now it is almost 50 grams and 7.5 inches long.

Though i bought it as a male, i think that its a female.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
Blazin
thrive!

Man sounds like that one is Thriving! Really good to see those kind of growth rates. Thanks for sharing. Nice looking leo. Also would like to know the background on that animal. I have one thats of jungle/rainwater heritage and looks very similiar.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
Bringerofdoom
The Guy i got it from acted like it was a oddity that came from some normal jungles. All he said he would have held it back himself, because it was one of a kind, but he already had so many he was holding. It was the only one like it i seen on his table for sure. Here is what he looked liked orginally.

I only whish i got this one bold stripe baby he had too at the time. The body was just covered in this bold stripe. I only wanna smack myself for not getting that and his name. Cause i caught him early as he was marking up all of his leo's and would have got them both on a killer deal

The growth rate i can possibly explain though. I have argued on other boards if UVB is benneficial to leopard geckos or not. The answer i heard the most is, that it was useless. Mainly because everyone tried UVB lights like reptiglows. I decided to test it, to see if i was right or not.

Flourecent blacklights put off some uvb there is a webpage that talks about what brands are better than others. Well, in the begining of december when i moved, i recovered a brand new blacklight i had in storage. I put the leo in a cage used a blacklightbulb for heat (those dont work for uvb) along with the flourecent blacklight. In that one month i had a 20 gram explosion.

here is the weights of the leo.
9.5 grams 11/27/04
28.2 grams 01/03/05
31.4 grams 01/20/05
37.3 grams 02/11/05
45.4 grams 02/25/05

I Did not have a weight for december, because i accidentally missplaced the scales when we moved. My eyes were like this when i seen just how big it got when i weighed it in january

I'm not saying that uvb is actually working, since i have no real way of testing this out more. I'm just comparing notes to my other leo's who are in racks though, and it shows a big improvment over them. I still have alot more to go with this one, so i will still keeping a eye on it. When i have hatchlings, i will test this out on clutchmates to see if one exposed grows quicker than one not exposed.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #4
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin
I have one thats of jungle/rainwater heritage and looks very similiar.
I remember those from the pictures on a ad you posted a while back. They were pretty cool, If i had the extra room at that time, i would have snagged one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!