Mexican Rattlesnakes? Poll Requested. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
indigos-r-us
Mexican Rattlesnakes? Poll Requested.

What's the deal?? Are people no longer interested in Mexican rattlesnakes for their collections? Mexico is almost impossible to collect safely in at this time and probably worse in the future. It seems like captive born specimens would be the only source unless the guys that stole all of the Mouse Factories animals last year and again just a few weeks ago are selling theirs cheap or something worse. Let me hear your thoughts on this. I used to die to own one back in the day.

thanks
wlamore

Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Tim Cole
Bill,
It's not that people don't want them but may not be able to afford them.

They are also coming in from Germany.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
indigos-r-us
Thanks Tim,

It seems like if they are comming from Germany the cost of the animals (unless super cheap) + shipping from their would make them really expensive?

Old 03-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
indigos-r-us
Tim,

Thanks for responding.

Last year I sold rattlesnakes for Ray Queen and they went like hot cakes at $2500 a pair.

You said they are coming in from Europe. I would think unless they are selling them cheap, the shipping would drive up the price?

Also I not seen them posted on either Fauna or Kingsnake. Can you tell me where you saw them offered?

By the way did you know that Ray was robbed again 2 weeks ago and the rest of the remaining animals plus books were taken........! 5 C.w.obscurus (threatened USFW) were also taken. I suppose they could be sold in Texas but out of the State they would be illegal to sell. Keep your eyes open.

Who could this bandit be? It is almost like a vendetta
against Ray

Old 03-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
jsrocket
Who wants to pay that much for venomous these days? They are not really that hard to get, and almost impossible to sell. Is there a secret handshake?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
GQMedic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket View Post
Who wants to pay that much for venomous these days? They are not really that hard to get, and almost impossible to sell. Is there a secret handshake?
Depends on the animal. For example, I'd pay for a cp Albino Atrox, I've never seen one in the wild in my local, and it sure is an attractive animal, otherwise, I am more into "herping" adventures, where I find a particularly attractive wild snake that I just must take home with me.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #7
ocreptileguy
The animals seen available out of MX as of lately, are nothing new, but usually sell fairly quickly. Its the same species over and over again (Molossus ssp, Silus, Triseriatus, Aquilus, the occasional Morulus) Prices in EU are pretty low on many of the rare venomous (not just MX species). I would like to start seeing some more of MX's variety available here (ie. Transversus, Ophryacus, Meridionalis, Amabilis, Salvini, etc. etc).

Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #8
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigos-r-us View Post
By the way did you know that Ray was robbed again 2 weeks ago and the rest of the remaining animals plus books were taken........! 5 C.w.obscurus (threatened USFW) were also taken. I suppose they could be sold in Texas but out of the State they would be illegal to sell. Keep your eyes open.

Who could this bandit be? It is almost like a vendetta
against Ray
I wonder if he had insurance on his inventory?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!