Considering amending my shipping terms - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
paulWTAMU
I've rarely seen anyone not ship to residential addresses. It'd make me look right past your animals...and I've never had a problem here at this residential address

Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
Jabberwocky Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post

2. Delivery to a residence is permissable, however, the guarantee to live arrival is null and void if the shipment is delayed due to carrier error that would have been avoided had the shipment adhered to condition #1. As above, the buyer must be available to, and actually does, sign on the first delivery attempt.

Opinions?
How do you determine if the delay from carrier error could have been avoided with shipment to the hub instead of residential delivery? Every carrier delay I've had has taken place in transit at the Memphis Hub (for us East Coasters) and has affected packages held for pickup at the hub. I actually just had two delays last month and both were hub pick-ups. This wording might be too ambiguous.

IMO, I would change it to simply voiding the live arrival guarantee to residential addresses in the event of carrier delay while keeping the live arrival guarantee if the package is held at the hub.

I fully agree with you and encourage all my buyers to have their packages held at their local hub for morning pickup. I do offer residential delivery with full live arrival guarantee, even with carrier delay, but this option has different shipping restrictions (such as no zip codes with later then 10:30am delivery, and narrower temperature ranges).

Old 07-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky Dragons View Post
How do you determine if the delay from carrier error could have been avoided with shipment to the hub instead of residential delivery? Every carrier delay I've had has taken place in transit at the Memphis Hub (for us East Coasters) and has affected packages held for pickup at the hub. I actually just had two delays last month and both were hub pick-ups. This wording might be too ambiguous.

IMO, I would change it to simply voiding the live arrival guarantee to residential addresses in the event of carrier delay while keeping the live arrival guarantee if the package is held at the hub.

I fully agree with you and encourage all my buyers to have their packages held at their local hub for morning pickup. I do offer residential delivery with full live arrival guarantee, even with carrier delay, but this option has different shipping restrictions (such as no zip codes with later then 10:30am delivery, and narrower temperature ranges).
Excellent point. The delay would have to occur after the point at which the package is sent on it's final delivery destination (ie, on the truck for delivery). If any delays occured between the point that I drop off the package and the hub at which it's loaded on the delivery truck, then it would be on me to replace the animal or refund the money if it didn't make it alive when it finally gets to the customer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arrival, residential, shipment