IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT STERILITE!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #21
Cat_72
I went through this, oh....a year and a half or soago when I bought my last racks from AP. I found out THEN that Target online was no longer selling or shipping out those Sterilite tubs, they sent me some other brand....they "fit" in the 1752 racks, but VERY snugly width-wise (you really had to push), and the front was set back quite a bt further in the rack. The 1756 didn't work at all...thank goodness Steve (SPJ) saved my neck by sending me some tubs that he had, or I would have been in a world of hurt as I had snakes coming to fill the rack.

Ali had told me then that they were going to remove the Target link from their site, but it was still there the last time I looked.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #22
Cat_72
OK, I get confused using the numbers for the tubs....the shoebox sized tubs kinda fit, but the sweaterbox sized ones didn't...whichever one is which.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #23
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
That's odd. My 1752 doesn't have gaps that would prevent hatchling Cornsnakes from escaping let alone anything else?
Not convinced it would let a hatchling escape, but there is definitely a gap, which makes me nervous. Bought it this year and have not used it yet. Planned to use it for chondros.

Bart

Old 10-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
holtzinger76
No gap they appear identical in the rack I have. They fit 2 wide just as the 1754 and the notches I mentioned are more of a cleaning issue than anything I think! Give me a bit and I will take a couple of pictures of the 2 side by side and post them if I can I'm not real good at it! But I think overall they will work just fine.... Wait I found that gap you were talking about it's 1/8 inch will not affect me but maybe baby corns or something but it's real small I have balls and wasn't looking that small sorry hope this helps and will still try to post a pic or 2!!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #25
holtzinger76
Here is my best shot at some pic's very tough to see the small gap in my A-1 photography but here you go not to big but maybe I don't know!! For small balls I think they will actually work better with that very slight gap You may not need to drill holes in the tubs! I tried to get a bit of scale with the standard #2 pencil in the second shot. Also I tried to get the small holes left when the latch is removed!!
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #26
TripleMoonsExotic
Ooooo...I see what you mean by the sort of ledge that will make cleaning more difficult. That does sort of stink.

Any idea about the 6qts or 32qts?

What is the price difference between the original bins and the new ones? I would imagine with the fancy latches (which we'd remove anyway) they'd be more expensive.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #27
holtzinger76
I think they were the same price or very close 4.99 I just got them and didn't need any 32 quarts at all and my wife picked these up so I didn't see first hand! But I would Imagine they are close to the same as for the six quarts the gap may mean more to some one with very small snakes as I don't know how big some baby corns and such are. But I would think anything big enough to be in a 32 would be fine but as I said I didn't look at them myself!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #28
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Did you hear that from them??
I think I was the one that TME heard it from. I ordered a hatchling rack from AP the day before Ali received her email from Sterilte about the new line of tubs but they did not tell her they were going to have latches so I put my rack on hold and waited to see if the new line would fit.

Target set up their lay out on the 17th and I snagged a few 6qts to measure. I called Ali that night and told her the new bins had latches so she said they would keep the plans in the computer in case someone had the bins and wanted racks built for them but that they would have to look for a new tub or just stick with Iris and Rubbermaids because the Sterilite alternatives were not feasible

Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #29
Diego Velarde
32 qt tubs replacement

After I heard the news the other day i rushed to Target and was able to try one of the new tubs on my AP 1756. This are the 32 qt model 1755 tubs

They're a bit pricey tho, 8.99 each

Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #30
ms_ramie22
I have 40 some sterilite #1754's, used with holes along the top... if interested, email me @ ms_ramie22@yahoo.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!