Couldn't help but notice..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
High End Royal Pythons
Couldn't help but notice.....

the political ad at the top of the page that was paid for by the DEMOCRATIC SENATORIAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE........... Now correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the majority of the sponsors of the legislation against our hobby Democrats?
Bill Nelson- Democrat
Barbara Boxer-Democrat
Ben Cardin-Democrat

Seriously? Are they that arrogant? Obviously they are!
I can't believe Fauna Classifieds would allow them to campaign on here!

Old 10-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by High End Royal Pythons View Post
the political ad at the top of the page that was paid for by the DEMOCRATIC SENATORIAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE........... Now correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the majority of the sponsors of the legislation against our hobby Democrats?
Bill Nelson- Democrat
Barbara Boxer-Democrat
Ben Cardin-Democrat

Seriously? Are they that arrogant? Obviously they are!
I can't believe Fauna Classifieds would allow them to campaign on here!

I think you are referring to a google ad. It has nothing to do with this site per say. They aren't advertising directly on fauna. Most of the time those ads are triggered to what you are viewing. If you are viewing something on some page that triggers a tag word like "politics" you get those ads from google.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
High End Royal Pythons
yes it is a google ad. I'm glad to hear that the site has nothing to do with it! Certainly ironic that their ads would appear on here, don't you think? I've noticed it on every fauna page i've viewed.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
WebSlave
Just for reference sake, Google also scrapes IP addresses of people who use their search pages, and they take note of the websites you go to and the topic material within those pages. So often you will see the google ads displayed on other sites you visit reflect what you were looking at while using Google, regardless of the keyword content of the page and/or site you are currently viewing.

In some ways this might be a viable strategy for Google, but personally, I get darn tired of seeing the same ads no matter where I go on the web. I've been looking at RCA compression connectors, coax cables, and compression tools lately and that's ALL I see in Google ads everywhere...

Actually this problem of in appropriate ads showing up via Google as come up here before. Someone suggested clicking on those ads because it would cost those advertisers money every time that you do that. Of course, I cannot suggest that anyone do that sort of thing, because this site also gets money from those clicks, and suggesting such would be a conflict of interest on my part. And I would prefer that people not do anything that could possibly get ME in trouble with Google.

However, if clicking on those ads would make the people behind telephoning me several times a day with political sales pitches have their heads explode, I would gladly accept whatever penalties Google could come up with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!