How does this work? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
hhmoore
How does this work?

I was just wandering though the classifieds, and I saw an ad from a Florida seller for albino burms. It caught my eye because it was clearly labeled No FL Sales....but they can't leave the state, either. What's the point in advertising them, lol? It seems that the options are limited to wholesaling them to a dealer for export, and violating State or Federal law.
(I know he could export them himself, but I didn't get that feel from the ad).
Am I missing something?
Is there an option I'm overlooking?

As long as I raised this subject, I'm curious - have a lot of burm breeders decided not to bother, or at least minimized their production? What impact are people seeing on pricing? (Are people dropping prices to unload babies in state, or raising them because there is less competition now?)

Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
FireStorm
While I can't really comment on why the seller wrote it that way, it probably should have said "No FL Saleswithout conditional permit" since it is still possible, though not easy, to get the FL permit (and of course some already had permits before the ban).

I don't know if breeders are cutting back, but I was considering getting a few high end burm morphs before the Lacey Act change, and the law change made me change my mind...the breeder I was going to purchase from encouraged me to wait and see what happened with the law change before buying and I was glad I did.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Gloryhound
Unfortunately the black market on the snakes added to the lacy act is being built. Honestly when was the last time your vehicle got searched when you traveled over state lines. I distinctly remember it only happened to me one time. I was pulled over for speeding, and the officer asked if he could search, I agreed and got off with a warning. I could have easily said no and probably walked away with the ticket.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!