Cheap and Easy 4x2x1 Cage - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
blackandblue_lulu
I'm not really a technical builder so making the track seems intimidating.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
blackandblue_lulu
And I can make any aquarium into it? Here is this one I found. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/3320066896.html

Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
cguarino30
That's why I buy my tracks, but if anyone is up to making them, it's probably much cheaper. I would just make sure it is secure, since the tracks will likely be the weakest point for escape.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
blackandblue_lulu
With mine though I want put a divider in the middle. Will the doors slide both ways to make this work? (putting two separate ball pythons in enclosure)

Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #15
IMAJACOBIAN
That tank looks like it would work fine. You might be able to pick them up a little cheaper. I got two 90 gallon for $80 for both. No lids or anything, but doesn't matter.

Also, I think there was a reference in the first post of this thread about getting off the shelf tracks somewhere

Thnks,

Jacob Creamer

Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
blackandblue_lulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
That's why I buy my tracks, but if anyone is up to making them, it's probably much cheaper. I would just make sure it is secure, since the tracks will likely be the weakest point for escape.
does it matter what size track? http://www.amazon.com/Knape-Vogt-P24...+sliding+doors

Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
IMAJACOBIAN
You could easily put a divider in the middle of the tank and have it butt up to the rearward pane of plexi.

I also use red oak for the track so that it doesn't deteriorate from moisture and the grain pattern is stronger that pine. I also cut the plexi so that it doesn't lift out of the track for removal. It make cleaning a little more of a chore since you can remove the plexi, but the tank could tip over and the plex hold up. I make sure they are escape proof as I use some of these cages in my home.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #18
blackandblue_lulu
When I get the tank I will tell you the demensions if you can let me know how to measure everything else. If not I'll just hope my signifigant other can figure it out. lol

This is a money saver thanks again guys!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
IMAJACOBIAN
I think that that track is the same as some of the cages I have that I purchased already built. It works pretty well and I don't have any complaints other than it looks a little week. It has held in my 11 foot Burm since the beginning of the year when I switched to front opening caging.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
blackandblue_lulu
Just spoke with my boy friend. He thinks it "sounds difficult". I'll figure it out. I only need a drill and for home depot to cut some things right?

What is the Vinyl 1x2 trim for? How do you attatch it since it's glass?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!