setup template to sell - please help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
TexasVipRoom
setup template to sell - please help

I am trying to find out what programs etc on how people generate these templates that have the picture of the animal in it, an add to cart button, and a description. I am also wanting this to be a template that i can easily create with each clutch or each item for sale. I want to be able to bring in a bunch of photos of each snake in a clutch, set different prices and be able to sell through a forum so I would like it to be HTMl and editable so i can have a template and drop each clutch in make a few minor adjustments to pricing etc.

I need help please any direction is greatly appreciation.

Danny Sherrill
danny@unitherm.com

Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
SpitZu
I believe you're talking about the ads on kingsnake that look like web pages? Those aren't done easily. It's not just a few lines of HTML code with links to images on Imgur or photobucket. Those ads are linked to their actual web pages and use PHP/SQL along with the HTML to pull the information from databases.

You could make some fancy looking ad out of HTML and link the images to some external image hosting site, but it wouldn't be anywhere close to the easy drag and drop process that you're looking for.

If you're willing to pay to have something set up for you just find an ad/website that you like and ask them who built their website. I think a lot of them were done by Aaron Palmer. aaronlpalmer@gmail.com

If you want to learn to do it yourself it can be extremely time consuming. It took me many, many hours over several months to get my crappy little website to where it is now. The HTML/CSS is easy. But using PHP/SQL to get information off of the databases and display it on the webpage can be very frustrating to learn. Not to mention setting up the administrator pages where you edit animals. That was a nightmare all on its own.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
TexasVipRoom
Thank you for your response! It has been very helpful I will contact Aaron and do some searching but now I Atleast know where to start looking. That is exactly what I am trying to accomplish too!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!