Herpstat vs Helix DBS-1000 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Herpstat vs Helix DBS-1000
Herpstat 69 62.73%
Helix DBS-1000 41 37.27%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2005, 07:56 PM   #21
stupidclauton
for looks i would go with an all glass aquarium, they have good looking stands but are kinda heavy. there assress is http://www.all-glass.com/

Old 04-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #22
squale
you guys keep recommending AP cages and I respect that, but just am looking for some specific reasons why the AP cages in your opinion are better than Vision cages?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #23
MGReptiles
1) Customer service, you will not find customer service like thay have.
2) They hold heat and humidity like a microwave (vision does not)
3) They will not sag or warp at any time
4) You will be able to break it down if your not using it
5) Shipping is not going to cost as much as the cage does
6) Did I mention they have awsome Customer service..lol

Old 04-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #24
Mike22ca
As far as Helix vs Herpstat go...Im not quite sure yet. I have had a helix dbs1000 in the past and I sold it (STUPID ME) thinking I was gonna be done with reptiles for a while...boy was that dumb. I have absolutly no complaints about Helix DBS1000, it kicks ass and I recommend it to anyone who wants a great thermostat. Recently I picked up a Herpstat from Matt (great customer service btw). Honestly I wasnt as impressed when I first opened the box. Helix quality to me seem much better IMHO. But, the Herpstat has all kinds of cool functions...some of which I may never use but it has them none the less. I also bought the Night Drop as well. It looked kinda low quality. The functionality of the Herpstat however is great, it's working perfect. I like the option of a easily replaceable temp probe. I'm up in the air as of now, but I still think that I'll have to vote Helix. That could change in the future though because I haven;t had the Herpstat that long yet.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #25
spyderrobotics
Hello all!
I happen to find this thread through a web search.

Mike22ca:
I was curious as to your comments on quality when you opened it up. What were you dissapointed in? The Herpstat does come in a standard "white box" with labeling and includes a operation manual. The packaging is functional and not flashy to cut costs. The nightdrop cable itself is a little cumbersome due to its plastic case. I have been looking at ways to slim it down and alternatives which may happen in a few months. I do appreciate you purchasing a Herpstat and am glad that you enjoy the features. I am open to comments and suggestions. Its rare that I get a chance to search the forums, ect for feedback so anyone with comments can e-mail them to:

sales@spyderrobotics.com

I read them all, try to reply to as many as I have time for, and certainly many of the suggestions have made directly into the Herpstat product.

Thanks,
Dion Brewington
Owner, Spyder Robotics

Old 05-10-2005, 06:30 PM   #26
MGReptiles
Straight from the horses mouth so to speak..lol Now you will never see anyone from Helix talking to a customer unless you have a 100 dollar bill waving it in front of them...

Old 05-25-2005, 12:39 AM   #27
snakeman56
So who has the best price for both of these units?? I am shooping to buy one, I just ordered 2 racks from AP

Tom Sierra

Old 05-25-2005, 12:49 AM   #28
MGReptiles
Well I do of course..lol.. Find me an advertised price and Ill beat it...

Old 05-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #29
gmherps
I still choose Ranco.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:57 PM   #30
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh
I still choose Ranco.
Ditto. I got my last one from Matt a LOT faster than I could get them before. I'm still waiting for one that I ordered elsewhere almost 4 weeks ago. I got impatient and ordered one from Matt and got it in about a week. (price was better too )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!