PetCo petition to stop selling snake food - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:09 AM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
We might not want to be "contributing" to the petition. I was checking out the site and saw some closed petitions, and they had the name/city/ etc. sections, but some didn't have the comments section. Maybe when they start a petition they have to choose whether they want a comments section, and these petitions just didn't have one to begin with, but if they can drop the comment section after they close the petition, all our "contributions" will look like votes in favor. May not even get that far, as SPJ noted, I have a feeling that our "sigs" will dissapear altogether next time the lady sponsoring the petition checks out our colorful comments.
I wouldn't contribute to the initial petition in any way, shape, or form. Look at the first line:
Quote:
We, the Undersigned, endorse the following petition:
the site offers a separate area for discussion/debate, but I didn't see anything posted about this one.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #23
Clay Davenport
And so it has begun

The rat folks have started posting on the petition. Here's a direct link to get to the signatures without having to click through the two or three screens:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe....cgi?rodents&1

I especially like the one who used the name "NOT SIGNING THIS OUTRAGEOUS PETITION" to sign the petition with.

No hate mail as of yet, but I'm sure there'll be some.
I did post a link to the petition on a rat forum and have gotten replies. Here's a link to that too:
http://www.petshub.com/forums/showth...90&page=1&pp=6

One other thing, there's no method of limiting the number of times you sign the petition. Of the 14 sigs in favor so far, 11 were by me using various names. The post I made on that forum received comments that there were only four signatures so I thoguht I'd add a bunch to make it look active.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:12 PM   #24
bbbxcursion
Just signed it but I can't view the sigs of people.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #25
bbbxcursion
Hey there 'roger'

Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 PM   #26
Clay Davenport
The link I posted above to the sig page, look below the Google ad where it says View Signatures : 37
Click on the number there to see the comments.

Apparently this petition site really wants you to see the google ads.

Quote:
Hey there 'roger'
Yeah Roger. Sounded genuine enough. No way I actually want my name associated with this joke. Type it into Google and my site is on the first page lol. I'd be buried in hate mail.
Those rat lovers can be quite vengeful haha.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:23 PM   #27
bbbxcursion
I added a few more

Old 12-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #28
Bill & Amy
I love it!!!! They are really goin nuts!! What a bunch of dorks!! I added the "car battery" line !!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #29
bbbxcursion
I clicked on the number below the google ad, still nothing. I reloaded the page and still nothing????????

Old 12-16-2005, 02:29 PM   #30
Bill & Amy
Hey "Roger",

I see they are posting your name and email all over the place, it ought to get pretty entertaining soon!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!