My Rodent Rack! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
suzuki4life
man you are touchy, wahhh!

facts are, rats have almost/ if not escaped from these types racks. The risk is known.

and as for being truthful....now you claim you never had them chew out anywhere but the top?

You said in another post that a bottom corner got dented and they chewed out there...

I can search and post it if necessary.

If you want me to call you a liar...well...anyway, that wasn't my intent. My only intent was saying that there is a risk in anything we use.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
If I knew it wasn't true I wouldn't have said it. Don't tell me what I do or do not know to be fact, and do not insinuate I'm being untruthful.
I made the post you quoted two years ago. At that point in time I had never had a chew out with the cat litter pans. Now two years later I have had two, both of which were due to the tubs slipping in the rack and allowing one corner to drop down, giving them an edge to chew on.
In the 5 years I've used litter pans for both rats and mice, I have never had a chew out through the bottom or any chew out at all as long as the tubs were properly seated in the racks.

here you go Clay, you are now officially a liar:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=99632

I've had one instance of a rat chewing through the bottom of a concrete tub. It was due to a slight crease in the plastic, which probably occurred either when they were packed or during the molding. Dropping a tub on the corner just enough to pop it in a little will also give them a place to get a hold and chew.
Aside from that I've never had an instance of one chewing out the bottom of any concrete tub.

Thanks for making me defend the fact that this has been said and you have been quoted as saying it. Truthful etc, is your opinion I guess. There are the facts.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #13
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life
here you go Clay, you are now officially a liar
You could at least have the courtesy to actually read what you are quoting before proclaiming me a liar.
Had you actually read it you would have noticed that when I mentioned the chew out through the bottom I specifically stated it was a CONCRETE TUB

Just above, in this thread I stated specifically that I had never had a chew out through the bottom of a CAT LITTER PAN

There are no concrete tubs used in the rack that is the topic of this post, and there were no cat litter pans involved in the other post.
I would have thought you would have noticed that on your own since the other thread was yours to begin with.
I see no need to bring up the issue of problems with a concrete tub in a thread that has nothing to do with them at all, so any issues with those tubs good or bad are completely irrelevant to this thread.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #14
DThomas
The post you quoted is about a chewout in a concrete tub. Clay said he never had a chew out in a CAT LITTER pan.

I suggest you tone down your posts quite a bit. Attacks on members outside of the BOI are not allowed.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #15
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
You could at least have the courtesy to actually read what you are quoting before proclaiming me a liar.
Had you actually read it you would have noticed that when I mentioned the chew out through the bottom I specifically stated it was a CONCRETE TUB

Just above, in this thread I stated specifically that I had never had a chew out through the bottom of a CAT LITTER PAN

There are no concrete tubs used in the rack that is the topic of this post, and there were no cat litter pans involved in the other post.
I would have thought you would have noticed that on your own since the other thread was yours to begin with.
I see no need to bring up the issue of problems with a concrete tub in a thread that has nothing to do with them at all, so any issues with those tubs good or bad are completely irrelevant to this thread.

I knew you would fall back to this so let's try focusing on the topic. Litter pans or cement tubs all have the same potentials and made of similar materials and designs. Therefore they have the same potentials for failure. I personally say thank you Clay for your rack designs. I used them myself with very good sucess. But we all must acknolwedge the potentials and histories of failures. That is my entire point here. I had no intent to disrespect your efforts, I merely felt that knowledge of potential of failures and histories were being forgotten. You then came forward implying I was calling you willfully untruthful or lying (not my intent), so I continued forth by showing that failures can happen to the best of us, not only from gaps at the top but the rodent's efforts at the bottoms. If you call me out as calling you untruthful, then in my eyes you are saying I called you a liar. Once the bridge is burned, I might as well used the implied word, which I did.

Rack systems are great ideas. Cheap/economy versions are even better for most of us. But they have limits, failures and draw backs that should be made known. Sad thing is I bet the cheaper racks are no more prone to failure than the expensive ones are. Thanks to everyone who puts forth efforts to make this hobby economical and available to those who can not or will not expend the vast cash on the commercial equipment available.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #16
DThomas
Quote:
a pan is a pan. He accused me first and yet he receives no warning. If you wish to harrass someone over such petty crap please do it evenly and fairly. Just because he gives the site cash doesn't mean he should buy rights.....or is that so? I can write a check to..will that make me king and untouchable?

let me know, so I can write a check and assume my throne.
I and I do believe the other site Mods, do not tolerate insinuations such as this anymore. I have a zero tolerance policy for comments such as this that I just received by PM. Enjoy your vacation.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #17
Dennis Hultman
Wow, so let me get this straight. He made a thread this year stating he had a rat chew and escape from a tub. Clay posted on that thread. He then picked a post from two years earlier to call Clay on about never having any escapes because, Clay should have known that he might and somebody else could have an escape sometime in the future. Hence the comment "well we both know this isn't true."

Quote:
But we all must acknolwedge the potentials and histories of failures. That is my entire point here. I had no intent to disrespect your efforts, I merely felt that knowledge of potential of failures and histories were being forgotten

There was nothing forgotten. You seem really miffed that because you made a post this year about your super chewing rat that it isn't being considered as historical data.

Damn you Clay! You should have had knowledge about this two years before it happened and you must remember to post about this guy's experience every time you post about a rat rack in the future. Historical data and all. He had his checkbook out and everything...

Old 12-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
a pan is a pan. He accused me first and yet he receives no warning. If you wish to harrass someone over such petty crap please do it evenly and fairly. Just because he gives the site cash doesn't mean he should buy rights.....or is that so? I can write a check to..will that make me king and untouchable?

let me know, so I can write a check and assume my throne.
I set him straight for you. Shame on him for not knowing that you would encounter this problem in the future. Dang, the nerve of him ignoring the fact you had a problem years after he posted that. To not include it in a post way back then is unthinkable.

Now let us set you straight. You are way off-base. Nobody buys protection here. Advertisers that have asked for any special treatment have been outed for suggesting any such thing. When you get back from your vacation I suggest you tone it down a bit. Stating Dennis Thomas gave you points because someone else is contributing member is just asinine.
Any further antagonism you'll find yourself out the door again rather quickly.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #19
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Damn you Clay! You should have had knowledge about this two years before it happened and you must remember to post about this guy's experience every time you post about a rat rack in the future. Historical data and all. He had his checkbook out and everything...
Even though when I made the original post two years ago, that was about four months before I had ever used the concrete tubs at all.
I suppose that's no excuse though, because I should have foreseen that I would one day be using them as well as the potential problems that might arise from them.

In attempt to rectify my shortcoming in this area, I do hereby add the following entry into the historical record for the benefit of future generations:

Let it be known that sometime just prior to 5-21-2007 Gary Breighner, aka suzuki4life, had a rat chew out the bottom of a concrete mixing tub.
Furthermore this problem was apparently considered so severe that he intended to fully enclose the rack in screen and add a front door to it as a result of the escape.

I will also add the following footnote to the historical record for the purposes of accuracy and full disclosure:

Let it be known that as of 12-27-2007 Clay Davenport has never had a rat chew out of the bottom of a cat litter pan and does not expect to have one accomplish it in the future.
He has however had an instance of a rat chewing through the bottom of a concrete mixing tub, although he never considered completely enclosing the rack with screen in response to it.

Never let it be said that I didn't try to prepare future generations for every conceivable possibility, even if it had to be done in hindsight.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #20
H&Hcritters
Thumbs up Instructions for Construction Please

I'm getting ready to venture into the feeder world myself and would love to be able to use your design. could it be fitted to breed dwarf hamsters? Thank you love this design

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!