Caiman vs. Gator - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmerianae
By far, the most calm and tameable caiman is the Paraguayan Caiman yacare. They get quite large and similarly tameable as an American alligator
Now is the time to bear in mind that calm, and tame, are very relative terms when you are talking about a crocodilian, lol. My yacare, at 7+ ft was a tough animal to work with. Touch any part of his body and he whipped around in attack. On the ground, he would charge aggressively. The mouth noose became my friend, and I became fairly adept with it.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #12
Tmerianae
Each individual has it's own personalities, I'm talking as groups on average. Our largest C.latirostris can't even be kept with others. We've tried breeding him several times and all he does is kill the females. He's an exception because all our others cohabitate relatively well. Most of our batches of C.yacare are very docile. I can walk amongst the largest ones without fear, and have even scratched them under the chin without loosing body parts. And none of them were raised to be "pets", this is how they turned out on their own under fairly natural conditions. At the same time I have a C.crocodylus that runs around my house and is about as dangerous as a puppy dog. Most of our other ones I wouldn't even dream of letting in the house.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #13
GATERMAN1390
Talking

thanks! i think im going to look into a Yacare for him. Does anyone know of a breeder or somewhere i can get one?

Old 01-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #14
Reptileking636
i know that these guys have had them in the past

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!