There is talk of PETA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-29-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
old guy
There is talk of PETA

making a comment/stance on the pet thing involving pets in the Hurricane/s areas as to people not being prepared to make arrangements > ? shouldn't even of had pets in the scenario > ? all things considered > ? It is also rumored that they ( PETA ) will show details of lost and abandoned pets roaming streets with some exotics as well. They will also show the mass pets in holding places that will have no homes to go to and will eventually have to be put down because of not being able to find owners. Mind you this is only what i have heard and I WAS down there after the Katrina exodus and devastation. Is this more fuel for the fire for PETA ?

Old 09-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
nicolai
Peta can kiss my ass!!!!!

Old 09-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
ms_terese
Quote:
Is this more fuel for the fire for PETA ?
Of course it is. PETA is a marketing machine. They will wordsmith and spin any situation they choose in their favor. It's what they do.

Most people, I believe, have the intelligence to see past their propoganda. Yet, animals are an emotional issue, and PETA plays that emotion card well. Realistically, if someone wanted to show photo after photo of mangled cars to convince people they shouldn't drive, it wouldn't fly because logic would overcome. Yes, car accidents are horrible, but we take our chances because the benefits outweigh the risks. The situation with pets in the hurricane is the same: it's awful, but certainly the risk of a hurricane or other natural disaster leaving animals in a bad situation is not a valid reason to never have a pet.

I say let them go. What I've seen from PETA is that the more you let them talk, the more they end up harming their own position.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
Phoenix3603
My dad's in Mississippi on hurricane recovery with the National Guard. They found a cockatoo just sitting around in the street. It's currently at their camp, and it just hangs around. They have no idea who it belongs to.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #5
Vince
. you would think with all the rich celebrity people who back peta they could buy 10 acers of farm land and care for displaced animals of natural disasters. Instead of letting them be put down. Instead of using it as a marketing ploy take the front line and care for these animals . Instead of taking pictures of them. Its a shame. They are publicity hounds, and I wonder how
much they really care for animals at all. People need to learn to make current situations better, not change the world. People will and always had pets. That's not going to change.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
kzooherpetoculturist
haha, good idea.

i hate peta more than any other organization... i'm an animal lover all the way, but i'm also a realist, and more importantly a conservationist.

quick story, the deer here are out of control so michigan had this extra hunting session in the winter to harvest more deer... well the damn peta people were out in the woods wearing fake deer antlers of all things, yelling and swearing and trying to keep us from hunting. i really hope that at least a few of them had a severe car-deer accident later in the year.

/end rant

Old 09-29-2005, 02:50 PM   #7
Vince
so if they got shot, whos fault would it be?

Old 09-29-2005, 04:33 PM   #8
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
so if they got shot, whos fault would it be?
If it looks like a deer, walks like a deer...well you know the rest.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #9
redknee
id say let rip ITS OPEN PETA HUNTING SEASON! :deer:
what a bunch of dumbasses theyve just shown everybody what a bunch of idiots they really are but everybody knew that anyway

Old 09-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #10
nicolai
You know what. If it were up to these jackasses we would be eating nothing but fruit , vegetables and greens. we wouldnt have any pets whatsoever and there would be no hunting allowed anywhere. In other words we should hand over the planet to the animals and the hell with humanity. One question for PETA though. If everyone in the world goes vegetarian that would probably wipe out all the produce on the planet, What the hell would the animals eat if we start eating up all thier food huh??? They would starve to death!! What would happen to all the "already" domesticated animals, would you feel good if they were all turned loose and starved to death???
Were you aware these Idiots led by Ingrid also dont belive in the consuption of honey because it comes from farming bees and Milk because we are cruel to the cows. They actuall say " Milk- A cruel and unhealthy product". and here i thought "milk makes a body strong". Heres a clip from the idiotic site.

Chicken and Egg Farming: Abusive Industries
Factory Farming: Mechanized Madness
Free-Range Eggs and Meat: Conning Consumers?
Honey: From Factory-Farmed Bees
Milk: A Cruel and Unhealthy Product
Pigs: Smart Animals at the Mercy of the Pork Industry
The Pain Behind Foie Gras
Turkeys: Factory-Farmed Torture on the Holiday Table
Veal: A Byproduct of the Cruel Dairy Industry
Vegan Children: Healthy and Happy
Veganism and the Issue of Protein
Vegetarian Diets: Healthy and Humane
Vegetarianism: Eating for Life

I dont mean to rant about this but Ingrid always claims to have the Animals at heart but i noticed she has a nice website about herself "www.ingridnewkirk.com" and lives really really good I would love to get my hands on her tax return papers.. I also found it funny that here we are on fauna, coming here to talk about our reptiles and helping each other learn more to improve what we do and try to captive propagate animals and then i look at thier site and thier biggest supporter is "FAUNAFREE.COM". talk about being at opposite ends of the rope!!!! Sorry to cut this short but my medium rare Porterhouse steak on the grill is just about done and I want to enjoy it while its still bloody and warm!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!