Need some expertise advise please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
DragonLover0423
Need some expertise advise please

Just got these tonight at a really good deal. The guy said the female was a leather or leather back and the male is a red something. Could someone please tell me what they are if possible? Thanks. The male is on the left and female on right.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
DragonLover0423
Sorry I mean male is 1st pic and female second.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
Ed Clark
This question would be best answered by the person you bought them from, that way he can tell you if they are het for anything.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
DragonLover0423
Excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure what that means. Also he just told me the male is a red and the female is an Italian leather back.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
mikepanzarella
the male (top pic) does have red (looks red in the pic) in him being red doesnt always mean solid red
the female (bottom pic) is a leather back
so if thats all he told you about them then your doing fine
very nice dragons
het is a term used for a non visual recessive trait (hypo,clear nails)
but like ed said your best is asking the person who sold them to you about if they are hets or not

Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
DragonLover0423
Thanks all. I did ask the guy I got them from and they are not het. How much do you think these guys are worth?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
mikepanzarella
they are worth what you paid for them there really is no standard for prices more of a sliding scale but the most important thing is are you happy with them

Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
DragonLover0423
Yes I am very happy with them. I was just curious because when they are older I would like to breed them and sell the babies. I am lost at what they would sell for because I have seen leather back dragons go anywhere from $150.00 to $300. Same with red ones. I guess I was curious as to how to how one justifies the price?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
jmp745
are their nails clear?

They look so identical is size/color that I'm assuming they are almost certainly siblings. So I wouldn't breed them together, and let anyone buying them know not to either.

There are a lot of things to consider when trying to put a price on dragons. Like size (they are well started), color (they have decent color), and genes like hypo, trans, leather (they don't have much there). It also depends on how fast you want to sell them. I'm kind of hesitant to put exact numbers out there just because of how much opinions will likely vary. How about you tell us how much you paid, and we tell you if you got a good deal or overpaid?

its kind of hard to tell from pictures, but it looks like that female is getting close to shedding. If that is the case, she will probably look a lot better after she does.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
jmp745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLover0423 View Post
Yes I am very happy with them. I was just curious because when they are older I would like to breed them and sell the babies. I am lost at what they would sell for because I have seen leather back dragons go anywhere from $150.00 to $300. Same with red ones. I guess I was curious as to how to how one justifies the price?
leatherback is 1 genetic trait. The ones up at the prices you mentioned probably also had hypo and translucent genes in the mix. A ready to breed adult will also be worth more money than a baby.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!