Bringing the people of Fauna back together.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #1
snakewrangler89
Bringing the people of Fauna back together....

I've been sitting here today thinking of a good way to bring all of the great people here on Fauna back together and a way to work out all of the controversial issues that surround the site. I was thinking that tomorrow night at 8:00 EST we have a FAUNA chat. Not leopard geckos only not cornsnakes and not boas. An overall fauna chat where the people of fauna can get together and discuss issues that are tearing the people apart today. Of course I said, "discuss" not argue and if you don't think everyone is going to be able to get together without arguing then please disregard my thread.

My hope with this is not to get everyone started arguing again, but to get people together and discuss certain issues. Yes, it may get confusing which is the MAIN thing I am worried about. People starting off-topic conversations and flooding the chat with them. Hopefully we can start a discussion of ONE issue at a time and understand everyones opinion of the issue and then move onto the next.

I hope everyone gets a chance to stop in tomorrow night and help work out some of the issues around this site. I also hope that people can work out their differences and understand other opinions. I was thinking maybe a moderator or something should make a new room and anyone coming in to start flame wars should be kicked from the room.

Everyone on this site is mature enough to participate in this.

Thanks everyone...please reply with any comments.

Matt Manry

Old 07-05-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
Vince
thats a great idea. for example what issues do you think are worth discussing?

Old 07-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
snakewrangler89
Hm...I was thinking the people in the chat could really decide which topics are most important but I feel the Hammack/Fauna fund and whether or not to leave it open is a definite biggy...Most of the threads about issues that have turned into flame wars are the ones that need to be talked about the most...and if people are still willing to talk once those are talked about other issues are welcome...maybe once everything is somewhat resolved we can just talk to eachother...hopefully there will be people in there that don't normally use the chat option on the site so that we all have a chance to talk with people outside the threads....

Old 07-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
ReptileZone1
Good idea. Maybe the wrong forum though... I think posting it in the Leo forum would be a good idea, also HELL, and SOUND OFF. Copy and paste your post and put a thread in each forum. Just my .99 cents.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #5
PaulSage
Matt, I really admire your good intentions. However, I think that people have already had numerous opportunities to get things out in the open and discuss issues on a mature level. It seems to me that the surviving issues have just been abandoned by those whom are involved. Some people have no desire to make amends, at least not yet, and that is something we just have to accept. Perhaps having a chat to discuss the surviving issues would help, I don't really know.

All I ask is that you don't set yourself up for disappointment when your noble ideas are met with the same bickering and hostility that has plagued Fauna in recent weeks. You cannot change some people, especially those who have no desire to change. I think a number of 'head-butts' have been already addressed and taken care of, but if others agree that a chat would help ease more tensions, then I say go for it. Good idea.

Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!