PowerSun 100 Watt Mercury vapor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
monkeywrench133
PowerSun 100 Watt Mercury vapor

I have a 20g long tank that I'm thinking about moving two of my baby beardies into, and to keep things simple, I was thinking about just using a PowerSun 100watt UV bulb.

Question is: Would even the 100 watt be too much for a 20 gallon long tank?

thanks everyone!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
CheriS
Since it is a 20 gallon long, you can use it as long as you get a arm hange or have it suspended from the above, not driectly on a screen. You will have to adjust it up to reach the minimum distance from basking point and proper temperature range, yet still keep a cooler area on the other side of the tank.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
monkeywrench133
So, If I had it on the screen, the temps would be too high? It would need to be suspended, or mounted, above the tank completely? Do I understand you correctly?

Old 04-09-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
CheriS
There are a few reason why you should not have it on a screen

1.) the flyer I have here says the animals need to be 12 inches from the light, a 20 gallon long is no that deep with a basking area form the animal is it?

2.) these lights have delicate ballast and can break if moved a lot like daily taking a screen off and on
3.) You need to get the basking temps 95-105f approx and that will be hard to do if you can not adjust the light
4.) the screen top will heat up and reflect that back to the light if it is on it and cause the ligth to cut off and on as it has a built in safetly feature for that

Get an arm hanger that most reptile supply places sell, like reptilesupply.com or suspend it from the ceiling with a swag hook and chain

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!