Bad Guy First Choice Reptiles ripped me off - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
mattfrohnapple
First Choice Reptiles ripped me off

Do not under any circumstances purchase anything from First Choice Reptiles! They took my money for animals they didn't have in stock, took 2 weeks to reply to multiple emails, finally reported to PayPal and was refunded by PayPal, so I repeat do not buy from First Choice Reptiles!

Old 10-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
daltonr121
Do you have any pictures of the correspondence showing dates and times?

Were these animals purchased through an automated website or did someone tell you they weren't in stock and there would be a wait for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 10-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
Please post all correspondence, pictures and any other evidence.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #4
Herpin Man
If you got your money back, they technically didn't rip you off.
Based on what you've said so far, it sounds more like you just experienced very poor service, rather than fraud or theft.
Which is still not good, of course.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
Based on FCR's reputation if he didn't get a critter then he dodged a large caliber bullet.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:31 AM   #6
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
Based on what you've said so far, it sounds more like you just experienced very poor service, rather than fraud or theft.
Which is still not good, of course.
PayPal refunded him, not the company. So technically, yes they tried to rip him off.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:51 AM   #7
snakesareawesome
Need more info, was this an add to cart type situation or did they confirm it was in stock before ordering?

Old 10-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
Haelileah
I also made the mistake of ordering from First Choice Reptiles. (I know I should have checked first, but they were the only site I could find with crocodile skinks reportedly "in stock" and I was desperate) It's been three weeks now and they have yet to respond to a single email and their phone has been disconnected. Definitely not a reputable dealer.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #9
KNOBTAIL
Thats theft !

Old 10-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #10
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haelileah View Post
I also made the mistake of ordering from First Choice Reptiles. (I know I should have checked first, but they were the only site I could find with crocodile skinks reportedly "in stock" and I was desperate) It's been three weeks now and they have yet to respond to a single email and their phone has been disconnected. Definitely not a reputable dealer.
If you paid by PayPal or credit card start a dispute.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!