Morph-confusion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #1
Tacticalmaniac
Question Morph-confusion

I have to ask .... who comes up with the names for the "new" morphs? Can anyone slap a new name on the ball pythons they breed or is there a hand full of BP "experts" (that get paid by the name and smoke ALOT of crack) that look at a morph and decide that it warrants it's own "morph" classification? I can see albino, stripe, piebald, bumble bee and even a few pastel (although alot of the pastels look normal to me ... then again I'm not an "expert" by any stretch of the imagination). I look at a spider, super spider or black back and I see ... a ball python. I guess all in all I'm kinda lucky though ... I have a breeding trio of the all elusive, super rare "normal" ball pythons ... no black back, no super spider or ring back, no het for ghost or albino .... not even a crustynuttedbutthugger in the group. From what I see that makes me one of about 4 people in the continental U.S. that has the possibility of breeding the much sought after "normal" BP's this season .... think I'll ask about $8,000 each ... for males ... LMMFAO!!!! Just wanted to vent a bit and poke fun at that which I don't understand ... lol.
Have fun all.

Old 10-15-2003, 09:34 PM   #2
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Just wanted to vent a bit and poke fun at that which I don't understand ...
I see......

For every breeder that proves and names a genetic color mutation, there are 3,496 morons that slap a name on a normal Ball.

Quote:
I look at a spider, super spider or black back and I see ... a ball python.
The Blackback is nothing special in my eyes either, but if you cant see anything different with the Spider then I dont think I can help you.

This looks normal to you?
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2003, 10:17 PM   #3
Tacticalmaniac
spider ball

Well dip me in buttermilk and call me a biscuit
That is NOT what I was shown as being a spider BP .... what I was offered looked like nothing more than a normal with a reduced pattern ... none of the white in the belly/lower side area and they also lacked the reduced pattern in the head. Glad I didn't buy em ... maybe I'm smarter than I thought.... lol
Leaves me to wonder though ... did I wear my "novice herper" shirt to that show or did I just forget to wash the "sucker" stamp off my forehead?
Again .... that is NOT what I was told was a spider and I reitterate. .... I'm a far cry from an expert ... I dabble, I have what I have because I like it and if it breeds ... freakin cool ... of not .. I have a room full of cool stuff that I really enjoy collecting, owning and interacting with.
That, in my hubmle opinion is a spectacular animal ... congrats if it is yours, I'm stunned ... by the appearance of the animal and of how big a difference there is between that animal and the others that some dealers have claimed were the same morph.
Guess I'll just stick with my sparse and limited, yet unconfusing collection ... lol
Thanks for clearing that up for me

Old 10-15-2003, 11:02 PM   #4
mykee
?!

Old 10-16-2003, 04:09 AM   #5
HerpVenue
Here is a quote by mykee on another thread
Quote:
You're acting immaturely and hopefully losing the respect and future business of many (at least mine)with each post you respond to. Grow up.
See the part I put in bold?

Kinda hypocritical huh mykee?

In fact all your posts are basically the same.
You are rude and in need of more growing up than anyone here.

Old 10-16-2003, 12:33 PM   #6
mykee
?!

Old 10-16-2003, 01:27 PM   #7
NEWReptiles
I too was offered a bogus Spider from Bill at Briarpatch herps.

Here is the animal he offered me a couple months back.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2003, 04:50 PM   #8
MR_Jungle_Mist
Holy cow!!!

Al, is that a REAL Super Ozark Jungle Ball Python??? If that was a male then hot damn I'm a happy guy! I have a female Super Ozark Jungle Ball here that I've been trying to find a mate for.

Ok, ok, enough.

Well, I want to know if there is a site that has all or most of the ball python morphs present that describes what is what. Sort of a:

PICTURE - Bare Footed Ball Python - The Bare Foot is recognizable by the bright purple eyes that glow bright white under UV lights, has a checkerboard B/W belly, and a totally beige head.

There is something like that for boas somewhere (damn this failing memory) but haven't seen any for balls.

Thanks

Old 10-17-2003, 06:35 PM   #9
Tacticalmaniac
Warning! to the peanut gallery

OK, let's start at the beginning ... I'll go really slow and use small words so mykee won't get confused.
First off .... I didn't buy the "spiders" I was offered so I don't believe everything I'm told
Second .... I am really only interested in a couple of BP morphs so what a spider BP looks like really wasn't any concern to me ... although I'm starting to think differently
Third .... I wasn't muttering, ranting or talking down the animal pictured .... if you have someone read my post to you (or atleast help you with the big words) you will see I was simply saying that the animals I was offered didn't look like the one pictured, I also complimented the owner of the animal on such a spectacular specimen. Take time to sound out the big words, we'll wait
Fourth .... how the hell do you know what I have the capabilities of procuring to add to my collection? Ever been to my house? Do you know me personally? ....... No? Then quit assuming that you know me better than you do.
As for your six year old comment ..... I believe it's more mature to ask for input from others if you need additional info or have a question than to put your 2 cents in just to prove you can, so I will concur with Mr Luna in the conclusion that you need to grow up .... and if you dislike this site so much, why are you here? Just to stir up crap? That's mature of you. Atleast I got some additional info before you chimed in with your self-serving moronic babble.
Tell you what .... next time I want to hear from you I'll pull your string, ok? Until then go back to your corner and keep on eating your paste and crayons.
Oh, yeah .... and have a nice day

Also thank you for the reply Mr Guetzkow

Old 10-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #10
NEWReptiles
No problem Blake,

I think one of the most important things Royal keepers can do to protect themselves from scams like this, is try to stick with reputable breeders (like me) when buying highend animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!