Bad Guy Rick Cremeans of Lancaster, OH-BAD, BAD, BAD! - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #111
prattay
I'm not really educated in Ohio law but he seems to deal in Florida species. Ironically, many are protected in Florida but clearly there are loop holes. I'm not sure Ohio will care about non native species but terrepene are sometimes lumped together in state policy regardless of subspecies locality. Florida won't investigate someone who is selling from Ohio I would assume.

I'm going to assume that if he hasn't made good with the folks on this thread by next week that he isn't going to.

While I appreciate the BOI effort, I would also love for the big herp classified sites to implement ratings and reviews so that, much like ebay, sellers could be qualified. Also their qualifications should be front and center with their classified posts. That would be effective imo. No vigilanty style justice, just honest community ratings and reviews for new and old buyers alike.

Just a thought.

Paul Rattay

Old 08-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #112
pitbulllady
Quote:
Originally Posted by singingtothewheat View Post
Out of curiosity. Has anyone checked with the Fish and Game department in that goofballs state? They might be interested to know that someone is taking native wildlife and shipping it across state lines? I would think that this could get this fella in so much trouble he'd be fighting to get out of it for a very long time.

Most of the animals he had for sale were either "exotic"(not native to North America)or were Florida animals, not native to Ohio. My snake was a Florida Green Water Snake, which is of course not native to Ohio.

As for the alleged refund that he supposedly sent on Aug. 18, it's now August 21 and there's still no sign of it. It doesn't take that long for even regular mail to get from Ohio to SC. I've sent bill payments all the way to Los Angeles, across the country, by regular mail delivery and it arrives within 2-3 days. I sent this guy his money order for $85.00, which was to include the price of the snake AND OVERNIGHT shipping, using Overnight Express Mail to ensure that he got it within no more than 2 days, even though the overnight postage is $17.00. I guess it's way too much to expect of someone like this to extend that courtesy and get me MY money back in the same timely manner.

Sharon McKenzie

Old 08-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #113
prattay
In my experience, he does not seem to exhibit any connection with time as it relates to a customer. With that said, you may get something a month from now or never. Its really hard to assess what he thinks, particularly with the only post he's made referring to us as liars. I for one stayed pretty honest about my dealings with him and pretty unemotional.

If you ask me, his response only shows that he thinks he's done whats right and somehow we're at fault for stretching truths. For someone who isn't a long time seller known to people, it pretty much defines what type of seller he is and solidifies his reputation here. Only he can change this perception.

Paul Rattay

Old 08-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #114
hemingway155
No money on this end either. He told me almost a week ago that he was sending out a money order, but I have seen nothing. I asked him at the time to email to confirm that it shipped, but of course I got no reply to that either. I'm giving it through the weekend, and then I think I'll give his local law enforcement a call and see what they have to say. I've been keeping the postal inspector informed so far, so I guess we'll see where this goes. I know it's not a TON of money, but I wish more people would really pursue rip-off artists and the bad seeds in this community so there was some more risk to their behavior.

Kris

Old 08-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #115
pitbulllady
Well, naturally the weekend has come and gone, and no money order. I don't think this POS could tell the truth if his life depended on it, yet he DARES to come on HERE and claim that I, along with the other people he's screwed, are lying about what happened to us, and wants us to think that he's a serious, legitimate businessman who really loves reptiles! This guy really takes the cake.

Sharon McKenzie

Old 08-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #116
TheRoachRanch
Hey Sharron if it means anything actions speak louder than words and I have also been spreading the word of this story. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say thanks for the heads up w/ this guy. Your story has not fallen on deaf ears.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #117
singingtothewheat
This guys a piece of crap and one of these days he's gonna do this to the wrong person.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #118
chwillbill68
This is all such a shame. I can only imagine what the snakes he currently has are living in.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #119
AriSo
I wanted to let you all know that this guy is posting under 'Richard - USA' now on Kingsnake.

I'm sorry but if he didn't resolve his issues and has now assumed a (slightly) different name, he's doubly guilty in my opinion. He is also using a new email address. (see below)

I won't be buying from him thats for sure and I wanted people to know that Richard is Rick Cremeans from Lancaster Ohio. See below.

Hope that is helpful and thanks for posting here. I read up on sellers before I buy and this helped me!

Ari

**** Email ****
from Richard Cremeans <reptilesrule2@gmail.com>
date Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 6:11 AM
subject Re: Message about: box turtle

hide details 6:11 AM (2 hours ago)

Hi

Yes I will get you a pic. I got 2 of them. I
take check or money order

Thanks
Richard

Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #120
dangles
To the op

May want to add the new alias to the thread title...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
rick cremeans