Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 99 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #491
Anjeanettecorns31
I was trying to get this process started yesterday and just got the run around the whole time. Until the last minute when it was to late to go any further with the process because operating hours. It was driving me up the wall.... The first place I go into I had everything with me the fedex shipping box with insulation, a heat pack I think 40hr and tape and Harmless Reptiles Shipment label and so forth, my account number with me and everything. Th man i spoke to had no idea what I was talking about at all. I mean this guy looked so lost and didn't know what to tell me to help me out with my questions or concerns. He said he had not heard anything about a test package application. So I had to show him on the fedex website where that application was. It was absolutely ridiculous. So i left there without any help what so ever.....I did ask him where I could possibly go to get answers and he told me somewhere on the west side bloomington,iN there was an express fedex office. So I went riding around looking for that location. I ended up going home, getting directions, luckily instead of all the way across town the like the first place was this one was just 3 min down the road off a side road. Found it, went in again with my stuff I had with me and at least these two people had knowledge that they did ship reptiles and at least one of them knew that you had to get certified before starting ship yr reptiles. So they guy who actually is the one that said I didn't have to do anything that I could just start shipping them was corrected by the lady there that said no she thought there was something that had to be done first and so she had him call the sales rep number to get me the correct number for me to call and get a hold of the right person. By the time I did this I was exausted and it was after 5pm and I could not get anyone on the phone in person since operation hours are like 8-5 or 9-5 or something. So I did alot of running around and basically did not accomplish anything. I did get a few helpful tips on here though more then I did from the customer service at Fedex. Thanks to everyone who has done this a few if not many times and have gone through all the crap a time maybe two. I will start again on Monday and hope to get further with the process then I did on Friday.

AnjeanetteCorns

Old 10-29-2011, 06:04 AM   #492
pakinjak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjeanettecorns31 View Post
I was trying to get this process started yesterday and just got the run around the whole time. Until the last minute when it was to late to go any further with the process because operating hours. It was driving me up the wall.... The first place I go into I had everything with me the fedex shipping box with insulation, a heat pack I think 40hr and tape and Harmless Reptiles Shipment label and so forth, my account number with me and everything. Th man i spoke to had no idea what I was talking about at all. I mean this guy looked so lost and didn't know what to tell me to help me out with my questions or concerns. He said he had not heard anything about a test package application. So I had to show him on the fedex website where that application was. It was absolutely ridiculous. So i left there without any help what so ever.....I did ask him where I could possibly go to get answers and he told me somewhere on the west side bloomington,iN there was an express fedex office. So I went riding around looking for that location. I ended up going home, getting directions, luckily instead of all the way across town the like the first place was this one was just 3 min down the road off a side road. Found it, went in again with my stuff I had with me and at least these two people had knowledge that they did ship reptiles and at least one of them knew that you had to get certified before starting ship yr reptiles. So they guy who actually is the one that said I didn't have to do anything that I could just start shipping them was corrected by the lady there that said no she thought there was something that had to be done first and so she had him call the sales rep number to get me the correct number for me to call and get a hold of the right person. By the time I did this I was exausted and it was after 5pm and I could not get anyone on the phone in person since operation hours are like 8-5 or 9-5 or something. So I did alot of running around and basically did not accomplish anything. I did get a few helpful tips on here though more then I did from the customer service at Fedex. Thanks to everyone who has done this a few if not many times and have gone through all the crap a time maybe two. I will start again on Monday and hope to get further with the process then I did on Friday.

AnjeanetteCorns
The mistake was going into the store and expecting them to know what's going on. You need to do all your work by phone, and only go to a fedex location to actually ship the package. Call the general fedex number, talk to a rep., and have them get the sales department to call you. They will send you the app., then you can prepare your package and send it from the store.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #493
Anjeanettecorns31
Yeah, no kidding guess you can't expect people to know how to do their jobs anymore. After all that I did try calling but they had already closed. I will try again Monday.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #494
pakinjak
Just to be clear, don't call the individual location, call the 1-8000-463-3339 customer service number. Tell them the situation, give them your account number and they should have the sales office give you a call. They called me either the day of or the next day.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #495
cobravenom
I shipped years ago but cannot remember details

I went through all the necessary steps years ago and became certified to ship. I actually shipped a package and it arrived in perfect condition when it should have. My question is: Is there a safe fedex location to drop off for shipment or do you have to always depend on fedex to pick up at your home?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver