Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 105 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #1041
laterob
Yup. The butter pastel went for $26.27, at whatever the bid price is per penny. If it's $0.50, on average, then the site collected $1313.50 for that snake. The winner has to pay $26.27 cash, + $30 shipping, plus how ever many bids they placed.

At a place like Beezid, there are multiple auctions going at once. At Ballbids, there is only one. I think it's gonna be a bloodbath, but I don't think they'll be able to maintain it this way for long. Like I said before, it's a bit of a pyramid scheme in that they need a bunch of people who bid a lot (lose a bunch of money). For the winning bid mentioned above, there were 2,626 OTHER bids, each which cost real money.

All but the most hardened gamblers will give up after a while, I imagine, unless Ballbids can offer more. So far, on the 5 snakes they've actually sold (err....4), they've made great $.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #1042
Wild West Reptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfrider View Post
Ballbids is growing and is not leaving.
This made me laugh really hard!

What I think Ballbids should do is show up at a major reptile show and have a booth promoting their business. Then we will see if the real community is supportive or not. Hell...I bet we could get the fee payed for you! It would be fun to see them getting "support" from the community. Although the show would more than likely need to hire a lot more security.

In fact, id love to have the booth right next to them! Imagine how many supporters will be stopping by to wish them "well"!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #1043
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I'm sorry, but I did not realize that ""I would not as any" means "none" to you. I didn't catch that, and apologize that the phrase you used does not mean "none" to me.

Well, I guess it's my fault in that I did not ask you for your definition of an "adult conversation". Sorry, I thought my questions were direct and pointed to try to obtain some facts from you about your claims. Hate and jealousy? Me? Seriously, you got all that out of my questions to you? Trust me, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have no reason to hate you, and certainly no reason to be jealous at all. I have absolutely no desire to do anything like BallBids, so what is there to be jealous about? I'm retired and got enough to fill my time with my own websites and other interests, thank you very much. Whether BallBids succeeds or fails will have absolutely no impact or effect on me whatsoever. So I'm offering you a chance to tell me facts and thereby all the other reads as well, without a lot of personal and emotional side shows attached, so I can UNDERSTAND what you are saying about BallBids. Isn't that what you WANT?

Seriously, guy, if you actually want an adult conversation, then here's your chance. Or at least fully describe to me what exactly you deem an "adult conversation" really is to you, and I'll see if I can comply with your version of that. I'm sorry if I don't yet understand what you mean by that term...
My bad on the wording but if you really just wanted to know about this you most defiantly would not not be so condescending in your writings. But I will try again for a few since I have a few minutes.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #1044
laterob
I can't find out how much bid packs are...I do not want to register. I did get this from Ballbids.com, though:

Quote:
Penny Auctions are a unique platform for Entertainment Shopping. The winner can receive an item up to 95% off its retail value. With that, some people have allegedly studied bidding trends and techniques, and have subsequently written books and Blogs about the best way to win a Penny Auction!

Ballbids recommends that all customers research these areas, read any books or informational blogs, understand bidding techniques, and know all of the rules associated with the site before playing.

Find the item that you want and focus on that item.

If there are several items that you are interested in winning, make sure you have the right amount of bids to compete on those Auctions. Do not get caught short as the timers go down!

If you have a limited amount of bids, focus on an item that will give you the better chance to win.

Know when to bid. The real action takes place as the timers are close to running out.

Know your budget. Remember that this is entertainment and a competition. You will not always come out the winner. Know what you can afford to spend and observe the bidding habits of the users you are bidding against.

We strongly recommend that you start off slow and learn the process of bidding before you jump into the more competitive auctions.
Once again, having one item up at a time = bloodbath, and huge profits for our heroes in this story.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #1045
laterob
Bumblebee = $19.68 (x$0.50/penny) = $984
Mojave = $0.32 (x$0.50/penny) = $16
Piebald = $14.48 (x$0.50/penny) = $724
Butter Pastel = $26.27 (x$0.50/penny) = $1313.50

Assuming $0.50/bid.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #1046
Wilomn
mr. byers, neither you, nor your pal marty nor little zackeroni have addressed the lies you told about and to me.

Got anything to say about that or were you just hoping I'd go away if you shoveled yourself deep enough? Because you're almost there. You're so deep in it I'm surprised you can still breath. Roaches got nothin on you, mr. byers, I'm sure you could live in a sewer no self-respecting roach would step tarsus in, and do quite well in such an environment, if how you do here, steeped in it as you keep yourself, is any indication.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #1047
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
mr. byers, neither you, nor your pal marty nor little zackeroni have addressed the lies you told about and to me.

Got anything to say about that or were you just hoping I'd go away if you shoveled yourself deep enough? Because you're almost there. You're so deep in it I'm surprised you can still breath. Roaches got nothin on you, mr. byers, I'm sure you could live in a sewer no self-respecting roach would step tarsus in, and do quite well in such an environment, if how you do here, steeped in it as you keep yourself, is any indication.
Wow! You guys have some real strange cookies in this community. Real strange..

Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #1048
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Bumblebee = $19.68 (x$0.50/penny) = $984
Mojave = $0.32 (x$0.50/penny) = $16
Piebald = $14.48 (x$0.50/penny) = $724
Butter Pastel = $26.27 (x$0.50/penny) = $1313.50

Assuming $0.50/bid.
Your starting to get the understanding on how these business models work..There are many more though..I guess they just got bumped with the upgrade work but you can see some of them of Ballbids Youtube channel and I think most people say what they paid.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #1049
lonewolfrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfrider View Post
Your starting to get the understanding on how these business models work..There are many more though..I guess they just got bumped with the upgrade work but you can see some of them of Ballbids Youtube channel and I think most people say what they paid.
And remember that Ballbids does all the advertisements and has the overhead to run this type of business. So you can see it is nowhere close to a get rich quick plan. It is a long term plan and the best thing about this concept is it does not determine, decrease, or change the actual breeders retail value unlike these facebook and other auctions that hurt the market.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #1050
gonzoone
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarman2000 View Post
And fyi, i an not partners with mark or zack. My posts here are of my own accord.
Marty you have already admitted to me authoring a very unprofessional email using Ballbs's administrative email so how can you now claim you don't represent them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp