Inquiry Chameleon Company - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-18-2017, 03:31 AM   #1
nstd
Chameleon Company

I am aware of a few people who just recently paid for chameleons from the Chameleon Company and have not heard anything back from them. I personally purchased two last month. Communication was good before purchase but became nonexistence afterwards.

Anybody aware of the situation? Is everything ok with Jim?

Old 03-18-2017, 03:38 AM   #2
Lucille
Luke it would be good to have those people come here and provide details rather than report some anonymous alleged complaints from others. I have sent Jim a link to this thread.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:12 AM   #3
Lucille
After reading the thread on the Chameleon Forum, it appears that you were told by the seller it would be 4-6 weeks before the critters would be shipped. However, I agree with you that you should be able to at least contact your seller for your own transaction, How did you pay for the transaction? If it was through Paypal, you can initiate an 'item not received' dispute because Paypal has deadlines in its resolution process. If it was through a credit card, talk to your bank.
I am sorry you have not received your critter and hope that Jim responds here with an explanation.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
Jwillchamel
I have ordered 2 they told me they would contact me for ship date at end of feb now its middle of march and still no reply i spent almost 400 and i have sent email called and even contacted their facebook page with no success im am starting to worry about jim i hope he is ok

Old 03-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
Lucille
I hope he is OK too. But he will understand if you open a dispute (if you paid by Paypal). The way the dispute process works is that the seller is notified once the dispute is open. If the issue is resolve prior to the escalation phase the seller is not penalized. So go ahead and open one or notify your bank if you paid by credit card.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Jwillchamel
Thank you lucille

Old 03-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #7
flatteringchild
Question Have heard nothing from The Chameleon Company

I ordered a cham from Chameleon Company on Monday 3/13. I requested that the cham be shipped overnight to arrive on Friday 3/24. I have sent emails (3) since Monday and also tried to call - voicemail is full. I, of course, need to verify a live animal is going to be shipped overnight this coming Thursday (3/23). I took the day off from work so I would be at home all day on Friday.

I have already started my PayPal "investigation" this morning. I filled out the appropriate information on my PayPal account and this goes directly to Chameleon Company. If no reply from Chameleon Company, PayPal takes it from there.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #8
nstd
Barbara

Before purchasing, was there any communication?

Old 03-19-2017, 03:16 AM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatteringchild View Post
I ordered a cham from Chameleon Company on Monday 3/13. I requested that the cham be shipped overnight to arrive on Friday 3/24. I have sent emails (3) since Monday and also tried to call - voicemail is full. I, of course, need to verify a live animal is going to be shipped overnight this coming Thursday (3/23). I took the day off from work so I would be at home all day on Friday.

I have already started my PayPal "investigation" this morning. I filled out the appropriate information on my PayPal account and this goes directly to Chameleon Company. If no reply from Chameleon Company, PayPal takes it from there.
I can see being concerned about the lack of communication and understand taking the step of disputing the payment made via PayPal. However, I don't think you can blame Jim for your needlessly taking off from work to receive a package that you had received no confirmation of a shipping date. I don't think any reputable seller ships without confirming the shipment date with the buyer.

At this point, we really don't know what is going on, and for all we know he is in the hospital in a coma. Might be best to not jump to any conclusions quite yet. But I would certainly consider holding off on any further orders till questions are answered about what is going on.

IMHO, of course.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #10
bcr229
Did the seller advertise Thursday shipping for Friday delivery? Many will not in case there is a problem during transit, so the animal doesn't end up sit in the shipping box all weekend.