Black Knight (Roach Killer) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 06-20-2003, 07:15 AM   #11
meretseger
I believe Nix makes a lice bedding spray with that active ingredient. Walmart also makes one under the name Equate. It should be in the same aisle as the bandaids (can't tell where I work, can you?) I wish I would have known that before I bought Proventamite, but I'm still on my original can, so I guess it's not that bad a deal. It works so well that it would be worth more.
But am I to understand that black knight and proventamite have the same active ingredient? 'Cause I've seen some pretty heated arguements over which one is better. That would be like arguing over brown eggs vs. white eggs.

Erin B.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
alba1182
where can you get black knight ive searched and searched and i cant find BK any where? even on image search, nothing??

Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
WHYTEARK
Permethrin is one of the most common grocery store pesticides on the market. It is Toxic to - fish, birds and Reptiles.. ask for or look up the MSDS (material Safety Data Sheet) for this or any other Permethrin product

Old 05-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #14
Metachrosis
Money,Lawyers and a twisted legal system ran them out of town
the winner of the pissing match is now known as ProventAmite
They didn't win as big as their greedy hopes envisioned once the jazzed up Reptile Relief type product made its rounds.

Successful eradication of reptile mites is now found at your local WalMarts for a fraction of the cost and 3 X the performance of the Provent elixir.

Do a Search on many of the reptile forums for
Equate* Lice Bedding spray
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Lic...-5-oz/10324555

Many now use this with great results

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba1182 View Post
where can you get black knight ive searched and searched and i cant find BK any where? even on image search, nothing??

Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
johnnydance
Hi,
After researching Black Night Roach Spray, It seems that the active ingredient is "Phenothrin" not permthrin!!!!!!!! Look at this site to verify and let me know if I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong?????
http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...DIST_NR=000901
Thanks for looking,
John

Old 06-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
johnnydance
Also, Permethrin is the active ingredient in my Black Flag backyard fogger(mosquito killer) at 0.200%.
Does this mean that I can actually use that?????? IDK???
Thanks,
John

Old 08-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #17
james1
*** I suppose "NY" is shorthand for Thailand? ***

Spam deleted.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #18
Karma Kritters
Just wanted to ad. Do not use any of these products on Eastern hognose. It is highly toxic to them. I can not say for sure with other species of hogs but Easterns will go into convulsions and die.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:07 AM   #19
ianedward1
No one should ever use any of these products directly on the snake, period! If you read the instructions on Provent-A-Mite, it specifically says to treat the enclosure. Permethrin can be obtained in many other brands/forms which are just as effective, but do not have the aerosol delivery method which means they need longer to dry. For treating a snake directly, there are several options. Reptile Relief and Olive Oil both do a good job of slipping the mites right off. Frontline spray is recommended by vets, but you must apply it by wiping them down with a sprayed paper towel to prevent overdose. Treating both the enclosure, the snake, and the surrounding area is the only sure fire way to treat the infestation.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:47 PM   #20
Dbz4246
Just throwing this in here. I use Goodnight Bedbug spray from Home Depot. It works great, and I can put my snake back into the enclosure right after spraying. I think it costs like 8 bucks for a huge can.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!